As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Back from Moreton

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back from Moreton

Just got back from Moreton, unpacked and settled in at home again. It was a really super meet - I am sure Graham will be along very soon with some photos! A great bunch of people, all manner of campervans, caravans and awnings- short, fat, tall and thin. We were very impressed to see some awnings had their very own awnings ........ where will it all end?

The sun shone brightly most of the time, shame about the winds but it did not stop us enjoying ourselves.

It was sad that Ewig had to leave early because of a family emergency - hope things are going OK at home Anne and Aud....

Thank you to Ian for a well executed and totally enjoyable meet.
    Mary

What a fantastic meet from start to finish, it was great to meet old friends and some new ones too, as lovely a bunch of people you could wish to meet.

Great bbq at Glen's on Friday and a lovely meal followed by beer and skittles on Saturday night, best of all the boys team won.:so happy:

I will be posting an in depth report of the shannanigans on the website very soon with lots of photos and there might even be a video of the boy's fantastic victory if it's any good.

A BIG THANK YOU TO IAN FOR A GREAT MEET.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Just got back home

It was lovely to see you all again and I enjoyed every minute.I am looking forward to seeing some photos,I didnt take any this time.Thankyou Glen for Barbequing everyones grub on Friday night,that was a great idea but a lot of work for you,thankyou Pendel,for the awning extension,brilliant,it meant folks could get out of the evening breeze.
      And lastly Thankyou Jill for helping me pack my awning today,I was happy to struggle but you made it easy and fun,bless you.

Lastly thankyou everyone for being such a super bunch,you make it all worth wile.

Now! A brandy and a hot bath.
      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thought I'd better chip in to say thanks to all for a very enjoyable Weekend. And in particular to Ian and Graham (though I'll bet Pauline was giving him a little shove!) No trouble homeward with the wind as I feared, but I could not believe the speed some caravan outfits were travelling on the M1 in spite of illuminated warning signs to slow down.
        Thanks again to everybody for making me so welcome on my first Forum "do".
        Jim (aka. That idiot with the silly little car and caravan!)
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
          Jim (aka. That idiot with the silly little car and caravan!)
          It was good to meet you Jim ......but that should read (aka. Great chap with stylish vintage car & uber-cool caravan)
          Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
            It was good to meet you Jim ......but that should read (aka. Great chap with stylish vintage car & uber-cool caravan)
            :
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

A meet report and pictures is now on line, hopefully I will be able to add a video at a later date.

See this link

http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/meet...inthemars.html
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Back home!

Hi All,
                Back home, pleasent drive back too...... What a nice weekend! Alex and Mary let me have a good snoop around their C15s' which was informative and helpful so thanks to them especially. So good though to put faces to names too, what a friendly and welcoming set of folks.
                So thanks to all really! look forward to seing the photos..... and will sort out info for folk in the coming days.....
                Happy travels one and all!
                Andyvan

Comment

Blimey that was quick..... Nice pic's and report Graham.
                  Cheers
                  Andyvan

Comment

We arrived home safe and sound to sort out the problems at home. Many thanks for everyone's concern. You are a grand bunch and we are looking forward to attending the next meet.

Thanks to Ian for arranging it all and also to the other Backroom Boys and Girls who also did their bit to make it all go so well.

Kind regards,

Barbara Anne and Audrey

Comment

Now in Henley-on-Thames at Swiss Farm International, beautiful site here untill Friday when I start my treck back up North, (miss my chips with gravy)
                      What a fantastic time at Moreton, great seeing old friends again, and young ones big thanks to Glen for the hard work he put in doing the BBQ, thanks to Ian for organising the meet, great fun we must do it again a little further north next time by for now.
                      Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                      'Live without regrets'

Comment

Hello again! Thought I'd just pop in and say I arrived home safely as well! Although there were some pretty hefty side winds, it didn't bother us too much! Took approximately double the petrol going home as it did going down, so much windy weather - oooh and my car got struck by a falling tree branch on the way to the M40, scary, but did no damage.

It was lovely to meet all the new faces, and catch up on the news with all the old hands as well. Thanks to Ian and Graham for a splendid weekend

Just want to know how Glen and Claire got on and if they got home safely, along with everyone else, so post here please! Or I will !!

Comment

hello everyone

So sorry we missed the meet, looks as though you had great fun, going by the photos. Hopefully, we'll get to the next one ... whenever that might be!!

Comment

We are home safe and sound too, no hassles, just a nice steady run. Thanks everyone for a great weekend, really enjoyed every minute of it. Think Evie is exhausted, she couldn't keep her eyes open tonight!!!
                            Thanks again Ian for organising it, missed saying bye when you left and big thanks to Gail for entertaining Evie when we were packing the awning
                            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
                              big thanks to Gail for entertaining Evie when we were packing the awning
                              I'm just surprised she bought her back

Glad you all got home safe, I was worried about you all out there in such winds!

Meow is the time to chill with my cat =^..^=

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X