Is it just me being incomptent, or ...?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me being incomptent, or ...?

Why is it that I seem to be totally incapable of putting diesel in my C15 Romahome without causing an oil slick? I've filled up a handful of times, each time in France, and I can't seem to get the nozzle in far enough. Spilt diesel everywhere first time and thought oh 'eck,must try harder next time. Tried harder next time, dribbled the stuff in and took forever to get up to 15€, and still spilt a bit. Filled up again today, determined to get it sussed, was watching the pump and thinking how well I was doing and when I looked round, oh lawdy, there was a lake.

I feel very stupid not being able to something as basic as fill my van up. Would feel a lot better if anyone else admits to ever having this problem...
    Away with the Fairies

Older vehicles don't always fit very well with modern pumps. I ran a series of old Triumphs as my daily drivers for a long time and the only way I could fill up with fuel was to put the pump nozzle in upside down (with the trigger pointing up rather than down). Worth a try to see if it solves your issue.
    Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

filling up the 1.3 Carry you have to put the nozzle in and hold it so the hose is at about at about 8 oclock (as if looking at a clock not that you have to fill up that time of day )

Comment

Originally posted by Donk's Dad View Post
        filling up the 1.3 Carry you have to put the nozzle in and hold it so the hose is at about at about 8 oclock (as if looking at a clock not that you have to fill up that time of day )
        It used to be 9 o'clock with my demountable, only that was petrol rather than diesel! That is, the handle/trigger was at 9 on the clock. Put it in as normal, then turn the nozzle to the right, so it was sideways on, I hope you can understand what I mean! You're not the only one who has done it, so don't worry.

Comment

Thanks all, It appears there is a knack to be discovered so I'm starting to feel less of a twerp. I will need to fill up again today so will try it from every angle
          Away with the Fairies

Comment

You might have to experiment a bit with angles before you get it right for your vehicle, I think they are all a bit peculiar with this. . Try turning it just a little to the right, then a bit more and a bit more, until you get the fuel going in at a reasonable speed. I hope you manage to sort it out, Voyageuse!

Comment

when you look under the carry you can see the filler neck going off to the fuel tank to your left (when facing the vehicle) so you have to insert the nozzle to suit this pipe, which i have found is the hose / trigger at around 8 oclock-ish.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X