Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brit Stops Directory

Hi all,

We are late to the party this year, having only recently bought our first motorhome. We are planning a few weekends away before the winter. Nairn is one potential venue for a weekend because we have a bridge congress to go to in early November. Quite a few campsites close at the end of October, but we have found some Brit Stops that could fit the bill. Sadly, the Brit Stops website says they've run out of their 2018 Directory, and we understand we can't stay at Brit Stops without one. I don't know if anyone has a Brit Stops Directory 2018 that they'd like to sell - or even if this is permitted. We'd happily pay Brit Stops even for a second-hand directory! Any ideas?

Cheers

Gill T

Gill - we've stayed at a few Britstops - mainly pubs and have never been asked to show our directory. Mind you, you pull into a pub car park with more than adequate parking and enquire if you can stay the night, Oh, and by the way you'll want a meal and a couple of drinks. Never met a pub yet to turn away good money!

My view would be to ring the pub in advance and get 'em to confirm they are happy with you coming and then when you turn up, in the unlikely event they ask for a directory just say you've left it at home. A risk but I suspect a very small one.

Mind you don't blame me if you get the only bolshy Britstop host in the entire UK

Comment

Hi Gill

We too tried to get this years directory but all sold out. We have our first SMH and thought that using the directory would be a great way to do a spot of touring. We are keeping an eye on their website to see when the 2019 directory is available so we can start benefiting from this great service.

Comment

I bought the Brit Stops book for 3 years but only used it on a handful of nights. I don't recall any in the Nairn area, although there may be this year.

Nairn harbour car park allows overnight stops.

Comment