This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

907 gas bottles prices

Can anyone explian why a C15 Romahome 907 gas bottle should cost £20 for an exchange, in my case 21 euros from a supplier in France. My neighbour has a 10 kilo bottle of butane and propane mix but only cost him 12 euros from the same supplier.

I may just have to modify my van to take the larger bottle at a fraction of the price. Ian or Peter have any ideas?

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
    Can anyone explian why a C15 Romahome 907 gas bottle should cost £20 for an exchange
    Why? Now that is a marketing question only answerable by those who sell them.

The most I have paid in the past 2 months was £22.50 (Cornwall).
    The least I have paid was €15.10 (£13.25), BricoMarche, Laragne-Monteglin, France.
    The most in France was €21, I think. (Auchan in Sete?)

In Andorra, the price is usually about 20% less than France, but I stupidly forgot to be empty when I was there.

Another tip for you - take your fish scale into the store and compare the tanks on the shelf. They vary widely, especially when a bit more off the beaten track. In Tallinn, I suspect that some of the tanks they had on the shelf were almost empty ones that had been turned in, they had so little gas in them, I think the lightest one I rejected was just over 4 kg.

Empty 907 weight is 3.65 kg, Full weight should be 6.4 kg.

Now if you really want to get upset about the cost, compare 2.75 kg of Camping Gas refill to 2.75 kg of LPG which at €0.73/l is about €4 for the same amount of propane/butane.

Peter

Comment

£19.50 - £21 in Bridgend.

Go Outdoors are £16 (with discount card) but are 20 miles away. I think that's a bit cheaper than it was a few months ago, when I calculated it would cost me more by the time I drove there and back with the price of diesel!

No competition for Campingaz, so they can charge what they like I guess. I do wonder if their sales are shrinking since 901/904/907 bottles only ever seem to be used in campervans.

Originally posted by GeoNomad View Post
      Now if you really want to get upset about the cost, compare 2.75 kg of Camping Gas refill to 2.75 kg of LPG which at €0.73/l is about €4 for the same amount of propane/butane.
      Neil

Comment

I really can't see how those prices can be so over priced, the gas is not worth it and I will not buy camping gaz again.

It may be that I need to ask Ant if there is any reason why I can't modifify the gas locker to take a propane/butane mix. It will be much cheaper and I won't be left with the knowledge I have been rippped off by some scam making company.

Comment

I paid £25 in Aviemore and that was three years ago! Hate to think what it would be now. Bet you can't beat that price!! LOL.

Although the little camping gaz cylinders seem expensive, I didn't use many, the stuff in there seems to last a lot longer than most of the bigger propane and butane cylinders. Just another thing for me to ponder why...

Comment

I would like an option to have a small refillable gas cylinder fitted as an option by Romahome... with a gauge. It means I would always know enough gas onboard when I go away. I would not ever have to fiddle with a gas spanner again.

Comment

I get my 907s from Go Outdoors with my discount card and it is always £2 cheaper than nearest other supplier. Go Outdoors have saved me lots asI change my bottles every three weeks or so and I always have need of other goodies in the store. Most helpful in there. they even said they would send my leaking boots back to Berghaus even though I did not buy them in there. I just mentioned it to the manager in passing.

I left my bag in the changing room one day and they had found my discount card and were phoning my home before I realised it was missing, I was enjoying myself trying out the tents.

good prices and just up the road in Colindale.

Comment

Originally posted by Flo View Post
                I get my 907s from Go Outdoors with my discount card and it is always £2 cheaper than nearest other supplier. Go Outdoors have saved me lots asI change my bottles every three weeks or so and I always have need of other goodies in the store. Most helpful in there. they even said they would send my leaking boots back to Berghaus even though I did not buy them in there. I just mentioned it to the manager in passing.

I left my bag in the changing room one day and they had found my discount card and were phoning my home before I realised it was missing, I was enjoying myself trying out the tents.

good prices and just up the road in Colindale.
                Sulking, because our new Go Outdoors has a height barrier and multi storey car park - Useless for us
                Mary

Comment

Vanderella

What a silly thing for them to do. Camping shop with a height barrier!

Comment

Go Outdoors have saved me lots asI change my bottles every three weeks or so and I always have need of other goodies in the store.
                    Woah! Every 3 weeks....my first bottle lasted me about 11 months! I really must get myself another job and get out in the van more

Out of curiosity, do you have a 3-way fridge and run that off the 907s, or is it a compressor?
                    Neil

Comment

Hi We go camping every other week for 5 days without any facilities so fridge runs off gas. We have two bottles and one bottle lasts just over a week or so. As we don't want to run out we always change the empty bottle when we get home.

We do get out a lot.

Comment

Can you not swap to calor, the slightly bigger cylinders are much cheaper

Peter

Comment

Peter, I think we would have to have the van converted and it would cost quite a lot. If anyone knows if it is possible and the cost we would be glad to know more.

We want to be able to store two bottles though. When we had the Outlook it only had room for one bottle and it always ran out in the middle of dinner or midnight and if we run out we are stuck as we always use non facility sites.

So if it was possible to change we would still want to have two bottles and not sure if we would have room for two larger bottles in the Dimension.

All advice gratefully received.

Comment

I change my bottles every three weeks or so
                            That's interesting ......I did not realize that the fridge used quite so much gas, that explains why our use is so erratic! As you say, it always runs out at the most inconvenient time & place. Having lost a fridge full of food one weekend we have now found room for a spare gas bottle (had to sacrifice the shoe locker, but then I am nearly over my Imelda Marcos complex)
                            Mary

Comment

Just caught up with this thread.

We've got one calor 3.5kg and one 907 but I am sure there is room for two 3.5kg Calor in the Dimension if it is the same as ours.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X