This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loc lomond

Anyone stayed at a good site in Loc Lamond ? We are planning our summer break and are determined to get to Scotland this year. The review on here for that area doesnt seem great. Pendel

A good webb site for reviews of campsites is **********.co.uk, read the comments from fellow campers. I have found them to be very accurate over the years.
    Scotland is brilliant for a touring holiday, so little traffic, even at the hight of summer, although I have found May and June to be the best months weather wise.
    Alan

Comment

Thanks for that Alan, we will have a look at that.The advice about the weather is appreciated too as last year we went north but had to come back because of torrential rain!

Comment

We stayed at this site in September for 5 or 6 nights and it was lovely. [URL="http://www.siteseeker.co.uk/aspx/details.aspx?id=7180&currentPage=0&enhancement=non e&priority=1"] Hope this works - must make time to look at Grahams video tutorials In case it doesn't it is the Camping & Caravan site at Luss.

It is walking distance to Luss conservation village and there is a nice cafe that we used a few times, good food, reasonable prices and open evenings as well as lunchtime. Lots of nice places to go in the area. If you have pushbikes with you it is alongside the cycle path that runs alongside Loch Lomond. There is a bit of road noise as it next to the main road around the loch but it didn't bother us. If i think of anything else useful to let you know I will post again.

Wish we could go again!
        Moya :)

Comment

Hi,

Luss is probably the best site. If you can't get in there (its really popular) you could try Balloch. Small town at the south end of the loch. The campsite is very good although pricey, and its a good base for touring the area.

Hope this helps,

Sooz.

Comment

I have heard good comments about the site at Ardgartan, on Loch Long, which is about 10 minutes' drive from Tarbet on Loch Lomond, although on a totally different loch (a sea loch). If you are a walker, there are some wonderful hills nearby - the 'Arrochar Alps'. By coincidence, I was looking down at the site from the top of one of them yesterday!

Comment

Ohhh you tak' the high road, and I'll tak' the low road....

Stay near to the sea in July and August, or take some Avon Skin-so-Soft with you and a big vial of citronella. piriton and midge bite remedies! That goes for May thru to September if on Skye or anywhere near Loch Carron on the west side...!

Hoping to go to Scotland myself later this year, heading probably for Dumfries & Galloway (Luce Bay, Port Patrick, Port Logan and more) but would like to go to Kintyre again (virtually midge-free all summer long!) and stunning, but a very long drive.... and stay here: http://www.muasdaleholidays.com/
              Last edited by jayjay; 12-04-2010, 20:08.

Comment

I had wondered about putting a review of Muasdale on the site guide, but decided it was too long since I had last stayed there (over 30 years!) Our eldest daughter, who was then almost 2, thought that it was about perfect, with the beach 5 yards from the caravan.

Discovered the other day that one of our sons and his girlfriend are planning to go there soon with a tent. I'll ask them to give me an update.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandwood View Post
                  I had wondered about putting a review of Muasdale on the site guide, but decided it was too long since I had last stayed there (over 30 years!) Our eldest daughter, who was then almost 2, thought that it was about perfect, with the beach 5 yards from the caravan.

Discovered the other day that one of our sons and his girlfriend are planning to go there soon with a tent. I'll ask them to give me an update.
                  I've stayed a couple of miles down the road at the Lodge/Hotel at Bellochantuay (pronounced Bellacantee) but that didn't count as I was in a S/C apartment and the beach there is pretty stoney! Would love an update as I've never camped in Kintyre, although I have been there three times now, always had good weather as well!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X