This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hose Pipe

Roughly what amount of hosepipe do you reckon I need so I can fill up my R20 when on site?

hosepipe

Hi, Magan
    try this link
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flat-Hose-Sp.../dp/B0017KTL34
    Not certain of length hose pipe required, But this flat pipe takes up so little room,
    Pete
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

Originally posted by chocoholic View Post
      Hi, Magan
      try this link
      http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flat-Hose-Sp.../dp/B0017KTL34
      Not certain of length hose pipe required, But this flat pipe takes up so little room,
      Pete
      Wonderful invention, but one big disadvantage
      The whole hose pipe has to be unwound for use - most frustrating if a reach of only a few feet is needed.
      I had one years ago for filling the tank on my boat. I liked it very much, but then a long hose is generally required for that purpose.
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
        Wonderful invention, but one big disadvantage
        The whole hose pipe has to be unwound for use - most frustrating if a reach of only a few feet is needed.
        I had one years ago for filling the tank on my boat. I liked it very much, but then a long hose is generally required for that purpose.
        Jim.
        I agree I bought one but only used it once or twice because it was a pain having to unwind the whole hose.

The length of pipe you require will depend on the campsite, on some campsites you can drive right up to the tap but others you can be several yards away. My hose pipe is about four foot long but I also have a collapsing plastic water container which I use if I can get near enough.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

flat hosepipe

Hi, Jim
          A wonderful invention indeed,
          But Megan don't know what length she may need,
          HaHa I got two flat feet, but think longer than that maybe required!!
          Unwinding it all is a PITA as you say,
          But taking 10 mtres of plastic hose don't half take up some room
          Pete
          Jim you got classic car??
          If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

I have the one at the top left, which I built mostly from 1968 scrap Triumph parts, but that was 26 years ago, so perhaps it is a classic? Whatever, it is my favourite tow vehicle for my Romini. And has been for rather larger caravans over the years.
            I do also have a 1951 Austin Hire Car (similar to a London Cab). The last passengers I drove in that were..............wait for it............Catherine Zeta Jones and Pam Ferris, when fiming The Last of the Summer Wine. Unfortunately it is off the road at the moment. A very brief glimpse of it may be seen at the very beginning of (I think) the 3rd episode. Also briefly in a later episode.
            I have two 1950s Triumph 500s in regular daily use as well though I have not been out on one since I last went shopping - this morning.:so happy:
            Jim.
            Last edited by Twolitre; 24-07-2011, 16:43. Reason: Adding photo.
            Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Not sure how much room to spare you have in your van Megan, but a Fiamma 23 litre fresh water carrier will fit nicely in the gap where a passenger's feet go, if you have Pullman seating. That with a submersible pump with a plug which fits into the cigarette lighter would make the length of hose no longer a problem, just how far you can wheel the Fiamma water carrier

I would never have considered this option until our trip to France - our friend, who has an R20, and NO Pullman seating, took the carrier and pump with her. We all ended up using it, and found it was an absolute Godsend, so much so that I bought one for us as soon as we got back to the UK. The added advantage for us is that we also now know just how much water we have put in the tank in the r25, and no longer overfill it every time AND we can carry some spare in the Fiamma if we ever we need to.
              Last edited by VonUK; 24-07-2011, 17:10.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                I have the one at the top left, which I built mostly from 1968 scrap Triumph parts, but that was 26 years ago, so perhaps it is a classic? Whatever, it is my favourite tow vehicle for my Romini. And has been for rather larger caravans over the years.
                I do also have a 1951 Austin Hire Car (similar to a London Cab). The last passengers I drove in that were..............wait for it............Catherine Zeta Jones and Pam Ferris, when fiming The Last of the Summer Wine. Unfortunately it is off the road at the moment. A very brief glimpse of it may be seen at the very beginning of (I think) the 3rd episode. Also briefly in a later episode.
                I have two 1950s Triumph 500s in regular daily use as well though I have not been out on one since I last went shopping - this morning.:so happy:
                Jim.
                Very Nice indeed
                Reason I asked,
                1, out of interest
                2, Bl==dy nosey
                3,Love of mechanical toys
                4 I have a Standard Truimp 8hp 10hp instruction book @ 2/6 p
                5, Austin A30-A35 pitman Book of,
                You want them?
                If you do can bring them to meet,
                Pete

Comment

We carry a 5litre water container in the gas bottle locker. It stands between the gas bottle and the door.

Peter

Comment

Hose

Megan, we have a Hy-Lo (same as R20) so we know the dilemma of having enough of anything or saving space. We have found some sites where the taps are in a fenced or walled enclosure or in an awkward corner where it is very difficult to get the van near enough to fill the on-board tank. We used to have several pieces of different sized blue hose, and daisy chained them with push-fit connectors up to about 6 metres. It was OK but rather bulky and fiddly. Now, WE HAVE FOUND THE ANSWER! :so happy: I bought a coily hose from Wilkinsons (Wilko Coil Hose Set 7.5m) for a tenner. It is blue plastic, with a small bore, but with standard push fit connectors. It stretches to a good length (7.5 metres claimed) and contracts to a coil about the size of a 2 litre pop bottle. The multi head sprayer supplied is unsuitable, but we have a cheap blue plastic pistol shaped sprayer (from Morrisons I think) which I drilled out so that it just pours and dosn't spray, although the trigger still works. This combination is ideal! It dosn't take up much room, is very easy to use, and the one hose is convenient whether you are right next to a tap or some distance away.

Comment

Thanks very much everyone for your replies

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X