No announcement yet.

Living in the motorhome full time?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless your disabled or have a Health problem then you shouldn't Have a Radar key.
    Yes I know that they are freely available. But what If you in there and a Disabled person need to use the toilet and can't
    due to you Filling up with water ? and then it is known that people buy them purely so have moor room. to get changed,
    or use the toilet cos its easier ?

Sorry for that RANT but this is the same as Trans-gendered people being made to use the Disabled toilets because some Bigot is
    against them using the normal toilet even if they don't use the same toilets.

Be Free, Be Safe, Be Happy and most of all Enjoy Yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Teloupee View Post
      Unless your disabled or have a Health problem then you shouldn't Have a Radar key.
      Yes I know that they are freely available. But what If you in there and a Disabled person need to use the toilet and can't
      due to you Filling up with water ? and then it is known that people buy them purely so have moor room. to get changed,

Sorry for that RANT but this is the same as Trans-gendered people being made to use the Disabled toilets because some Bigot is
      Fair point, I will be obtaining actual blue badge too, I have so many health problems that is unreal, IBS, diverticulitis, and similar problems...

Comment

IBS is a valid reason to have a radar key Phil. I got mine directly from the IBS charity exactly for that reason.
        Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

Comment

Originally posted by luke84 View Post

Nice, the riverside apartment is lovely, something like that in Kingston or Richmond and you easily spending 800K to a Mil ! My only worry is that these are Leasehold and when I will be buying I would want a Freehold property...
          My son just sold a stone 2 bed terrace bathroom living room and large kitchen downstairs, Freehold 47,500. That is Accrington Lancashire

Comment

Since I lived in London I couldn't work out why people choose to live and work there. If 70% of your £100,000 annual income goes on your mortgage you would be better off spending 40% of your £60,000 salary in a cheaper housing area, in a nicer house in a more congenial setting. Without the drawbacks of London .. . .which I won't go into.
            The king knows all that they intend by interception which they dream not of.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekoak View Post

My son just sold a stone 2 bed terrace bathroom living room and large kitchen downstairs, Freehold 47,500. That is Accrington Lancashire
              That is absolute bargain, I will look into it further. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                Since I lived in London I couldn't work out why people choose to live and work there. If 70% of your £100,000 annual income goes on your mortgage you would be better off spending 40% of your £60,000 salary in a cheaper housing area, in a nicer house in a more congenial setting. Without the drawbacks of London .. . .which I won't go into.
                That’s true, I’m no near 100K quoted and “only” make around 33K now, hence why my saving capacity is not impressive at all... but taking the same salary to a cheaper area would indeed make it really good.

Comment

Lincolnshire is nice, and has always been relatively inexpensive. All you need to do is find a job, even at a lower salary in a cheaper area, and Bob's your Uncle. Stressing youself out to live in an expensive area like London is quite unnecessary.
                  The king knows all that they intend by interception which they dream not of.

Comment

Phil we are entitled to RADAR keys IBS Divericulitus - bladder problems and age. I think there is too parts to this issue. Maybe the provision of public toilets should be at the top of the list. Cornwall Council drastically cut the number - I would like to know do the councillors who vote to cut the provision of public toilets suffer from chronic constipation?
                    Probably my other comments should be on the politics board - The provision of public toilets are historically a public health issue - cutting public toilets leads to people relieving themselves inappropriate places, fouling public areas and the spread of diseases like cholera and typhoid. I know the champions of cuts in public spending in the 1980s called for a return to Victorian Values did this also include epedemics?
                    (Sorry Graham)
                    Jon

Comment

Of course, Phil, you must remember that not all health issues are highly visible. (eg People using colostomy bags. )

I agree, in principle, that use of the disabled toilets should be kept for people really needing them, whatever their health problem, rather than just because the cubicle is bigger etc.
                      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post

Of course, Phil, you must remember that not all health issues are highly visible. (eg People using colostomy bags. )

I agree, in principle, that use of the disabled toilets should be kept for people really needing them, whatever their health problem, rather than just because the cubicle is bigger etc.
                        I think what Phil was meaning (and he'll correct me if I'm wrong) is that a Radar key should only be for those with a health issue NOT just so you can empty your toilet or waste, which is what a lot of people buy keys from eBay for.

Comment

Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                          Lincolnshire is nice, and has always been relatively inexpensive. All you need to do is find a job, even at a lower salary in a cheaper area, and Bob's your Uncle. Stressing youself out to live in an expensive area like London is quite unnecessary.
                          Thanks, I will look into Lincolnshire, thank you for the advise. In terms of job I’m working pretty lucky as I can work for the same employer being in different part of UK quite easily. Not sure what’s the average wage in Lincolnshire but I hope the rent will be cheaper, ideally a van life should help saving and maybe help adopting cheaper lifestyle too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

I think what Phil was meaning (and he'll correct me if I'm wrong) is that a Radar key should only be for those with a health issue NOT just so you can empty your toilet or waste, which is what a lot of people buy keys from eBay for.
                            Yes. I agree. Both with your interpretation and with the sentiment expressed.
                            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

Pauline is right .
                              As o got one know not all disabilities aren’t visible. My coment was about people being able to get the radar keys and DON’T Have any disabilities but use them purely for them being more accessible for their facilities., Or made to use them because of someone’s bigatories as I fit both of those as I’ve been made to use them in the past due to someone’s bigotry .

Comment

I’ve only had a Radar key for the past 2 years, despite having physical problems from my teens. And even now I don’t always use it . if having a good day.

In MY OPINION Radar keys should
                                only be obtained with proof of disability like all other disability things . I’m
                                Last edited by Teloupee; 15-08-2019, 05:40.

Comment