This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roma Home duo bed,

Just tried out the sleeping arrangement in the van !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    need some help here. How can one sleep on the single bed without putting your back out? Its very narrow and when I did the usual trick of pulling it out a little to make it appear wider .I FELL DOWN THE SIDE.

Its funny but serious, are we back to having a day van>.help needed please.

Hi,
    If you search the forums another member has extended to bed base with pull out flaps,
    Can't find the post at the mo!
    It consisted of a pull out wooden frame in ply 12mm! with hinged legs,
    Maybe some of the other members have idea's or solutions
    Regards
    Pete
    If mistakes are the foundation of understanding, i have firm foundation,Underpinned by much in the way of I don't want to do that again

Comment

duo bed

Thanks for quick reply will have a look through archives.

Comment

It was MrT, in response to a question I asked about the R25 bed. You'll find it under Romahome chat, R25 bed question. Hope this helps

Comment

duo bed

Originally posted by VonUK View Post
          It was MrT, in response to a question I asked about the R25 bed. You'll find it under Romahome chat, R25 bed question. Hope this helps
          many thanks will have a look twin1

Comment

bed for duo

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
            Just tried out the sleeping arrangement in the van !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            need some help here. How can one sleep on the single bed without putting your back out? Its very narrow and when I did the usual trick of pulling it out a little to make it appear wider .I FELL DOWN THE SIDE.

Its funny but serious, are we back to having a day van>.help needed please.
            Am very interested in the replies for this one! I ended up making up the bed as a double, which was quite luxurious for one, but a little awkward when needing to make...um...midnight visits! Being more comfortable with my feet at the cabin end so that my head wasn't engulfed in curtains, I then had to pivot on my 'situpon' before being able to get out of bed!

The idea of a mini extension for the width of the single sound a great idea.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

duo beds

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
              Am very interested in the replies for this one! I ended up making up the bed as a double, which was quite luxurious for one, but a little awkward when needing to make...um...midnight visits! Being more comfortable with my feet at the cabin end so that my head wasn't engulfed in curtains, I then had to pivot on my 'situpon' before being able to get out of bed!

Have checked archives the bed extension is great but under our present circumstance I think the best note I saw was pull out the single beds and fill the empty space with pillows , Will definitely give that one a try. Thanks for all answers.twin1

Comment

We (and others) make an 'U' shaped bed, using the wooden supports at the top end of your body and a double bit at that end, tapering to single on either side. This can work from whichever end of the van you prefer, and should allow easy access to wherever you need.
                We call this a 'half bed', and make it up before we head off for an evening, which gives us the bed nearly made up, and a small seating/area. Then it's very easy to complete the double bed on our return at night, perhaps a little tired from visiting local hostelries.
                Aileen

Comment

duo bed

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
                  We (and others) make an 'U' shaped bed, using the wooden supports at the top end of your body and a double bit at that end, tapering to single on either side. This can work from whichever end of the van you prefer, and should allow easy access to wherever you need.
                  We call this a 'half bed', and make it up before we head off for an evening, which gives us the bed nearly made up, and a small seating/area. Then it's very easy to complete the double bed on our return at night, perhaps a little tired from visiting local hostelries.
                  Aileen
                  do you keep it as a u shape all night or go to a double?

Comment

We've done both. Usually we just turn it into a double, it depends how lazy we are and whether we've brought the double quilt or sleeping bags!

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
                      We've done both. Usually we just turn it into a double, it depends how lazy we are and whether we've brought the double quilt or sleeping bags!
                      Thank you for that .our task of the day, will give it a whirl and have a nap whilst in the drive.
                      I will let you know how I go with it.

Comment

duo bed

Thank you for that .our task of the day, will give it a whirl and have a nap whilst in the drive.
                        I will let you know how I go with it.
                        WE GOT IT! WE HAVE THE U SHAPE. its much better and see the theory of a u shape before the walk to the pub!

feel much happier now. the forum really works. so glad we found you all. twin1:so happy:

Comment

WE GOT IT! WE HAVE THE U SHAPE. its much better and see the theory of a u shape before the walk to the pub!

feel much happier now. the forum really works. so glad we found you all. twin1:so happy:
                          sorry forgot to say thank you Aileen

Comment

You're very welcome, but I can't claim that it was my idea. I'm sure I got it from someone on here a few years ago. This site is really useful and very friendly!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post

Get an external wrap to fit around the side cab windows and screen,it gives insulation ,and you dont need the curtains.Paragon is the make I have,there are others.
                              Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X