This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young Groups and Camping

Here's a challenge for you. My son and 11 of his friends (male and female) around the age of 22 hope to go away in their tents for a few nights over the bank holiday weekend. For some reason that he can't fathom (I can!) a lot of sites seem just ever so slightly hesitant. Do any of you know of anywhere that might be a possibility for them? They are not a rowdy bunch but would like to sit around together for a natter and a bit of a laugh.
    I've suggested they contact sites with rally fields, any other suggestions very welcome.
    I know they've left it late in the day, but thought it worth asking. We're in North Wales, but I believe the bunch of intrepid explorers will consider just about anywhere in the UK.
    Any advice?
    Aileen

They could try Shardlow Marina, their website says it's a caravan site but last time I went they had a large rally/camping field. The facilities are basic but there is a pub on site that has bands etc on and another 3 pubs within staggering distance.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

You used to be able to camp in a farmers field alongside Whitesands beach, St Davids in Pembrokeshire,Wales. It was unofficial absolutely no facilities but the beach shop had loos and would freeze ice blocks. The routine was you just pitched up and the farmer would collect your money... provided you caused no noisy trouble farmer was happy. Many a nice group of youngsters there. The only way of checking though would be to go there .... as there are no phone numbers or anything.

We used to go there quite regularly when the children were young as it was so ideallyic. Very basic though.
      Last edited by Tentpeg; 30-07-2011, 07:49.

Comment

Thanks for these, I'll pass them on. I had suggested Whitesands, as we stayed in a CS a couple of years ago (a field with a toilet) and hordes of cars and young people turned up. We thought we'd inadvertently come across a rave! We needn't have feared, we hardly heard anything from them!

Comment

Originally posted by Aileen View Post
          Here's a challenge for you. My son and 11 of his friends (male and female) around the age of 22 hope to go away in their tents for a few nights over the bank holiday weekend. For some reason that he can't fathom (I can!) a lot of sites seem just ever so slightly hesitant. Do any of you know of anywhere that might be a possibility for them? They are not a rowdy bunch but would like to sit around together for a natter and a bit of a laugh.
          I've suggested they contact sites with rally fields, any other suggestions very welcome.
          I know they've left it late in the day, but thought it worth asking. We're in North Wales, but I believe the bunch of intrepid explorers will consider just about anywhere in the UK.
          Any advice?
          Aileen
          Try Fossway farm in Morton in Marsh,they take Duke of Ediburghs award groups and scouts etc.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian, I'll pass that on too.
            Aileen

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
            Working...
            X