Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kernowjon
    replied
    revitup have you got a handbook for your C15 Romahome - if not have you checked out the downloads pages on the main website?
    http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/downloads.html
    Jon

Leave a comment:

• revitup
    replied
    Great. Thank you all for the replies. That's sorted that head ache out for me !. . I did search through posts on here for hours but could not find a direct straight answer to my question. Finding the site very interesting with the advice,tips etc given out by members. Once again thank you for your help.

Leave a comment:

• jondxxx
    replied
    For my 12v compressor fridge the cab button needs to be on all the time. The fridge can detect if mains is available and then draw it's current from it's own transformer.
    The Zig unit switch stays in the leisure battery permanently.

Leave a comment:

• BrianTheSnail
    replied
    I wrote a long post about this the other day on the Romahome FB group.

You only need the cab switch for the fridge, you also need the fridge switched to 12v. The fridge only works on 12v when traveling, when parked you need 240v electric hook up or to run it off gas. We tend to leave the cab switch on all the time (perhaps someone will tell me why this is not a good idea)

I believe the other switch is totally independent. It has 3 positions. Top is car battery, middle is off and bottom is leisure battery (but check that is correct for yours). Normally it will be down, running everything off your leisure battery. If not using the van then putting it in the middle position turns everything off so stops accidentally running down the leisure battery should you have something still on but unnoticed. I think the top position is really for emergency only, like if the leisure battery is run down and you desperately need lights. It should not really be used as you could run the main van battery flat and so not be able to start the vehicle.

Leave a comment:

• SandraM
    replied
    No question is dumb if you don't know the answer.

As far as I am aware, only the swich at the front needs to be on for the fridge when travelling

I expect somebody else will be along to confirm one way or the other

Leave a comment:

• revitup
    started a topic Dumb Question ?

Dumb Question ?

New to camper vans, in the rear of c15 romahome there is a switch panel which shows/controls car battery or leisure battery with needle reading. There is also a button in the cab (orange for fridge) my question is do i need the rear switch on the panel turned on to leisure batt and the orange in cab switch on as i drive along to operate the fridge ?. Thank you.
widgetinstance 226 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
Working...
X