This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Off to Scotland tomorrow

Hi van is all packed would have left today but 'Jimmy' (my dog) had to see the vet yesterday and he is now on this that and the other, I intend to leave about 6.00 in the morning, most of my family are going up either today or tomorrow we are all supposed to be a back up team for one of my daughters who is running 43 miles in the Highlands on Saturday. After Tyndrum and Glen Nevis I am going on to Oban then on to Mull then on to Iona (where I shall have 2 nights in a hotel) they won't let you take vehicles on to Iona so the hotel beckoned. I have Ants mobile number just in case

Have a lovely trip. I travelled around the Highlands for 2 weeks in May - hopefully you'll have better weather (and avoid the midges!!).

Comment

Sounds lovely! I hope the doggie gets better too!

Don't forget the midge repellent!

Comment

off to Scotland

Have fun and a safe trip. Am seriously impressed re the distance your daughter will be running.

And I'm sure your campervan will cope MUCH better with the hills and mountains than my poor old KA did last year Well, we don't even have HILLS in our part of Cheshire, so it couldn't get into training
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Have a great time, we'll be following in your footsteps to Mull in a couple of weeks. We did the Outer Hebrides last year (and Shetlands in January), Islay the year before and Skye the year before that. I sometimes wonder if it is a genetic thing? My family are from Glasgow, descended from the Highlands. I've been in North Wales since I was ten, and still head for the nearest hills whenever I can.
          Hotel sounds good too, maybe that's another step I'll have to follow!
          Aileen

Comment

Have a great time, I've been packing the van too tonight, am off after work on Thursday night, not crossing the border like you, but certainly getting to NW Cumbria.. Safe and happy travels.
            Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

Its been pouring with rain all day and tonight I waa determined I wasn't going to be bitten by the midges, but I was wrong, I let the dog out for a couple of mins and now I have about 6 bites, it only seems to take them a couple of seconds of realise there is a van door slightly open. it is so very lovely round here, shame about the midges.

Comment

Originally posted by Megan View Post
                Its been pouring with rain all day and tonight I waa determined I wasn't going to be bitten by the midges, but I was wrong, I let the dog out for a couple of mins and now I have about 6 bites, it only seems to take them a couple of seconds of realise there is a van door slightly open. it is so very lovely round here, shame about the midges.
                A chink of light will have them all flying towards you at a very fast rate! Shut off the lights when you open/close the door and use a torch. Also, stay very near to the coast, they don't like the coastal winds (or anything much above 6mph).

Comment

off to Scotland

Hi Megan, Scotland trip sounds fantastic, I envy you, a trip I plan one day, safe journey.
                  Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

Eat plenty of garlic and take yeast tablets they dont like it. You can also buy citronella oil and use it neat like perfume. A couple of years ago a gang of us did a tour of Scotland and some ended up sitting out covered with mossy mesh we all looked so funny

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X