This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brownhills Motorhomes

If you have a few minutes or so just watch this about an Old Couple and their
    £80,000 Debt over buying Motorhomes from "Brownhills"
    Last edited by gunerdoo; 27-01-2010, 08:07.
    Gunerdoo Do It Tomorrow ?

Originally posted by gunerdoo View Post
    If you have a few minutes or so just watch this about an Old Couple and their
    £80,000 Debt over buying Motorhomes from "Brownhills"
    Very interesting indeed.

Comment

Well done to the Ferret, CAB and Barclays.

But Brownhills

Comment

Hi All,

Just been to the outdoor leisure show at the Scottish Exihibition Centre in Glasgow last weekend. Saw a lot of interesting stuff and was really excited by the new inovations, but no Romahomes unfortunately - I was really disapointed they weren't there despite some of their main dealers being on full show.

Anyhow we were interested in a smal vw conversion on the 'Brownhills' stand - just as a matter of interest we were not really considering buying a new van (Rhonda still going strong!). The woman from Brownhills was all over us telling us how well it was made etc (and it seemed to be) and then mentioning financing terms. I then took a peek at the price of the van and it was way more than it was worth (more expensive than a roma dimension or autotrail nuevo and much smaller). The woman continued with the hard sell and just when we were backing off I asked a couple of questions about the van. She had no answers and clearly didn't know that much about campervans or camping but kept going on about quality of service etc. After seeing the video and my experience of their sales tactics I think Brownhills are to be avioded.

Sooz.

Comment

I used to live reasonably close to their Swindon branch. Definitely hard sell. I wandered around a number of times as good place to view a number of models. Each time I went there seemed to be a new young green salesperson who knew absolutely nothing but usually keen to encourage a test drive, which was very useful for me. Next time you went they appeared to be no more!

My suspicion was that these sales people were on some sort of sales target and failed to make the mark. You can imagine if you would face this sort of pressure you are not going to worry much about the customer.

Comment

Well we bought our Dimension (secondhand) from Brownhills in Swindon and they couldn't have been more helpful and no hard sell. We weren't looking for a Dimension but it was one of the ones on our list of likely vans. They were also helpful with things being put right under the guarantee.

I know lots of people have had problems with them, but I just thought that I should put the other opinion and people are generally quicker to complain than praise.

Comment

Originally posted by wendy View Post
              I know lots of people have had problems with them, but I just thought that I should put the other opinion and people are generally quicker to complain than praise.
              Good point Wendy, you generally don't hear when people are happy with service they receive only when they have had problems. Its nice to hear a balance view.
              Graham
              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X