How long before campsites close?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long before campsites close?

With the new Government guidelines announced today saying no social contact and no unnecessary travel, how long can campsites remain open?
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

A good question.

Surely, if bookings are paid for in advance, communcation on arrival is through the use of a mobile phone, and people are resticted to using just the water supply and waste disposal points, using rubber gloves, they could remain a viable option for a while yet?

The actual travel does not necessarily involve others (apart from purchasing fuel, which can be paid for at the pump, again wearing rubber gloves.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Lots of businesses will face economic uncertainty, not just campsites...
      I don't need Anger Management classes, I need people to stop pi**ing me off!

Comment

Shell Island have put back their opening date. C&MC are open as usual.

Comment

As Sue says I can’t see a great problem with campsites as long as you pick ones with plenty of space between units and don’t use the communal facilities. Having said all that I would not be surprised if they start closing if only to protect staff. It’s shaping up to be a really miserable year.

Janet

Comment

Lots in France and Spain closing. UK is supposed to be two weeks behind them with Covid-19 - so 2 weeks at a guess?

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue View Post
              A good question.

Surely, if bookings are paid for in advance, communcation on arrival is through the use of a mobile phone, and people are resticted to using just the water supply and waste disposal points, using rubber gloves, they could remain a viable option for a while yet?

The actual travel does not necessarily involve others (apart from purchasing fuel, which can be paid for at the pump, again wearing rubber gloves.
              I was thinking that, but then the question arose. Say one of us got sick while we were away? So now it looks as though our holiday exploring Wales will be limited to exploring Cornwall and Devon - an easy one day drive home.
              Well that is the modified plan - until itchy feet kick in.

We saw a report on the SW TV the holiday park owner seems to believe Boris that this will be over in 4 months (I tend to think not) and he said he could survive with a decent July August and Autumn.
              Jon
              Dirty Diesel Driver - a hypocrite who knows THERE IS NO PLANET B

Comment

We've paid a deposit for 3 nights Easter week in Wales.
                I think we've probably lost it but we'll see

Comment

a ccc Da site no use of communal facility's increases separation around units ?
                  BuzznDave

Comment

Well, bang goes my idea of a spring break in the caravan then! Johnson has said 'no unnecessary travel' but like the rest of his speech, it seems these are only advisories. We won't be under martial law, from what I understand.

I had intended to find a remote little CS somewhere, as long as it's got hard standings - I don't fancy trying to pitch on grass with the wet winter that's been experienced by the whole country! But as kernowjon points out, what happens if you fall ill whilst away? If I felt really lousy I could always change into a shroud for the drive home!
                    Cynthia.
                    The most environmentally friendly product is the one you didn't buy.

Comment

Originally posted by rennie View Post
                      We've paid a deposit for 3 nights Easter week in Wales.
                      I think we've probably lost it but we'll see
                      rennie, the two major clubs will refund your money if the cancellation is for medical reasons.
                      Just lately I've had good experience of that!

Comment

The thing is can driving to a campsite really be classed as necessary travel? Should we all be stopping at home? Or does it mean unnecessary travel on public transport?
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Have seen a grid giving advice on facebook, some of the things - use caution travelling on public transport, safe to do, going for a drive, going for a walk...I think we'd all go mad if confined to the house.
                          Claire

Comment

Originally posted by CVJ View Post
                            Have seen a grid giving advice on facebook, some of the things - use caution travelling on public transport, safe to do, going for a drive, going for a walk...I think we'd all go mad if confined to the house.
                            Yes Facebook the font of all knowledge
                            Graham

Comment

Yes, I don't take it seriously, but do think it is very difficult to avoid all travel. Going for a drive in your own vehicle, parking up then going for a walk, not getting too close to others seems reasonable. I do have to use the bus on the odd occasion I go to town, as the car parks are mainly multi story and I can't use them, but that is a risk I have to tame. For anyone needing to travel to work on public transport, there isn't much they can do, other than walk. If I get the virus, I expect I'll get over it but apart from being cautious there isn't much more I can do. I will have to go to town at the end of the month, so bus it will be. I suppose at times like this, on!ine banking would be useful, but I will never use it, so bus it is. Workers have little choice about it.
                              Claire

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X