Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I book a summer holiday despite the lockdown?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #31
    Seems bikes are the new loo paper...

    https://www.brusselstimes.com/brusse...ockdown-lifts/

    quote from above

    "An employee at Morning Cycles, another shop near the EU Quarter, said that their bicycles have been flying off the racks and that costumers had been lining outside non-stop.

    “It is incredibly busy, there is a constant queue of twenty people in front of the store. We have recruited an extra three people in recent weeks,” they said."

    Comment


      #32
      The hospital where I work has been giving away free bikes to employees who usually rely on the bus to commute in.

      Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

      Comment


        #33
        Back to thread ...YES have booked two nights maybe more at the usual site . bacon and eggs a plenty . will be sad no buzz to keep my toes warm! .I your right! the front garden is a calling the weather for Wednesday HOT .. Sites are talking about talking timed use of the facilitys on sites....glad we have got our own . All we want is a field. I can put astro turf in the frount garden beside the van
        BuzznDave

        Comment


          #34
          I heard somewhere that, as of a couple of days ago, CMC are taking bookings for July.

          I suppose it's simpler for them if they have to cancel having no deposits to refund.

          CCC have said all memberships will be extended by a period equivalent to the closure.


          Geoff

          Comment


            #35
            Originally posted by Rob B View Post
            The hospital where I work has been giving away free bikes to employees who usually rely on the bus to commute in.
            Got fond memories of that area, especially the Buxton Festival....

            Comment


              #36
              Two local bike shops have had queues outside, one said they have sold more bikes last month than they did last year. Free servicing for NHS staff. I really hope all the UK councils will make more bike paths off road, as they are in the Netherlands.
              All streams flow to the sea, yet the sea is never full. Ecclesiastes Ch 1

              Comment


                #37
                Originally posted by NiedrigerIQ View Post

                Got fond memories of that area, especially the Buxton Festival....
                Cancelled this year sadly, along with everything else.
                Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                Comment


                  #38
                  Originally posted by gasgas View Post
                  Two local bike shops have had queues outside, one said they have sold more bikes last month than they did last year. Free servicing for NHS staff. I really hope all the UK councils will make more bike paths off road, as they are in the Netherlands.
                  Most councils don't have the powers to create bike routes. It would take legislation and funding from central government
                  Better a rainy day on the hill than a sunny day in the office!

                  Comment


                    #39
                    Originally posted by Artoo0 View Post
                    I heard somewhere that, as of a couple of days ago, CMC are taking bookings for July.

                    I suppose it's simpler for them if they have to cancel having no deposits to refund.
                    Yes the CMC are taking bookings for July - their website states a "phased reopening" in July whatever that means.

                    The sites I've looked at seem to be filling up already. I had my Brittany Ferries crossing cancelled for June and am hoping it may be possible to go in September but I'm still waiting for my voucher. I won't be booking it until much closer to September though.

                    I usually sail from Poole and stop overnight in Hunter's Moon CMC site, but it's already full from the date in September I've planned to go.

                    John

                    Comment


                      #40
                      Originally posted by Rob B View Post

                      Most councils don't have the powers to create bike routes. It would take legislation and funding from central government
                      Thanks Rob, I won't waste my time writing to the council then. The Government has said they are pledging ?how many million? to create more cycle paths, I seem to remember. Here's hoping.....
                      This is my local cycle / path route over the M1, I have started to cut back the overgrown thorns, taken photos and sent them to the highways dept of the county council via the correct route on their web site. They do have a thread to report overgrown public footpaths. I have done 6 metres, there are another 12 metres to cut back. I am hoping they don't just say 'well here's a keen bloke, we'll let him finish it off, we don't need to'.
                      Before: After:

                      C7FBBF02-EB8C-41FF-897B-627929CDCA93.jpegD74BD485-993B-41E5-9946-058FA95306B7.jpeg






                      In fact the right hand side of the path tarmac should go all the way to the Armco barrier posts
                      All streams flow to the sea, yet the sea is never full. Ecclesiastes Ch 1

                      Comment


                        #41
                        I think pledges by the government are pie in the sky or as Don would have it. Fake!

                        Comment


                          #42
                          Originally posted by doog View Post
                          I think pledges by the government are pie in the sky or as Don would have it. Fake!
                          Warm (red zone )

                          Comment


                            #43
                            Originally posted by doog View Post
                            I think pledges by the government are pie in the sky or as Don would have it. Fake!
                            No politics here please or I’ll send you into to the political section.
                            Graham
                            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

                            Comment

                            320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

                            Collapse

                            728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

                            Collapse
                            Working...
                            X