Camping Club membership

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping Club membership

Having allowed my membership to lapse a couple of years ago, I am now considering joining again as I will be travelling in UK for the foreseeable. As a solo camper, I was wondering if I pay the same for membership as a couple and if so, what’s stopping me buddying up with another solo friend, getting 2 cards and sharing the cost?
    Chris

You can do what you suggest with the C&CC club. I share my membership with my sister. And we both have cards.

I'm not sure how this works, exactly, as we both have cards, but have the same membership number. My Sis recently booked a campsite for two units (we have separate units now) at a small C&CC members only site with her card.
    Last edited by jayjay; 29-07-2020, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
      You can do what you suggest with the C&CC club. I share my membership with my sister. And we both have cards.

I'm not sure how this works, exactly, as we both have cards, but have the same membership number. My Sis recently booked a campsite for two units at a small C&CC members only site with her card.
      That’s good to know thanks jayjay

Comment

Originally posted by Pauline View Post

That’s good to know thanks jayjay
        It might be that we can't share the membership with two different units, but the booking seems to be fine. It wasn't flagged up when we booked that we had to be in the same unit on the same pitch, so I hope it will be ok. I'll let everyone know if it isn't!

Comment

Originally posted by Empyrean View Post
          Having allowed my membership to lapse a couple of years ago, I am now considering joining again as I will be travelling in UK for the foreseeable. As a solo camper, I was wondering if I pay the same for membership as a couple and if so, what’s stopping me buddying up with another solo friend, getting 2 cards and sharing the cost?
          Chris
          Hadn't thought of that; what a good idea, if there's someone you can share your membership with, why not!

It'll be interesting to hear whether jayjay has any issues with her sister's booking.

Chris Empyrean What a shame you had a lapse in membership. If you previously had a long-standing membership you might have eventually qualified for the vintage members rate, applicable with 25 years membership, but that does have to be continual membership. Any breaks and you're back to square one! It's certainly brought down the cost of my camping outings, especially having the 'oldies' discount as well. Of course, I'm making assumptions here... you may well be years off either benefit for all I know!

Happy camping!
          Cynthia

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post

Hadn't thought of that; what a good idea, if there's someone you can share your membership with, why not!

It'll be interesting to hear whether jayjay has any issues with her sister's booking.

Happy camping!
            Cynthia
            I have a feeling that it's for a single unit, with two people sharing, so we'll see! It's so you can take a friend with you if you have single membership. You just have to be a member to book, so we are both members on my membership number. Sis made the booking, so I'm not sure until we get there. It's a members only site, and we are both members, so I can't see that there will be a problem. We don't pay until we get there, so I'm unsure whether the payments will go through on the same number! I guess we'll know soon enough. Its pretty expensive, so just wondering whether any discounts have been applied as well.

Comment

I have a feeling that it's for a single unit, with two people sharing, so we'll see! It's so you can take a friend with you if you have single membership. You just have to be a member to book, so we are both members on my membership number. Sis made the booking, so I'm not sure until we get there. It's a members only site, and we are both members, so I can't see that there will be a problem. We don't pay until we get there, so I'm unsure whether the payments will go through on the same number! I guess we'll know soon enough. Its pretty expensive, so just wondering whether any discounts have been applied as well.
              When i camped with a friend with C&CC membership I was always charged the non members rate , when staying in the same unit. I was a CMC member and just booked for 2 people with them, no extra non members charge for the friend in the same unit.

Comment

I don't think you get any concessions on CSs? Some of them are getting so expensive, it's usually cheaper for me as a solo camper to stick with the main sites! Though I do like to find a nice quiet, adults only Hideaway CS.
                Cynthia

Comment

I'm not sure how this works, exactly, as we both have cards, but have the same membership number. My Sis recently booked a campsite for two units (we have separate units now) at a small C&CC members only site with her card.
                  Did you have to register as living at the same address? And, I presume one of you joins then adds the other person as a family member or whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by Empyrean View Post

Did you have to register as living at the same address? And, I presume one of you joins then adds the other person as a family member or whatever?
                    As far as I can remember (it's been a few years now since I joined her in, they just have one name and address (mine) and one email address (also mine). I think I did add her as a family member, but the previous person who used to join me on a camping holiday was just a friend. Both live at different addresses from me, so its either allowed, or not asked for when you join them in with yourself. Can't find any sign of this online, but there was a box to tick on the application form and you had to give details of name and age. Not sure if they asked for addresses, but I don't think they do.

Comment

Originally posted by CyberCynth View Post
                      [/B]

I don't think you get any concessions on CSs? Some of them are getting so expensive, it's usually cheaper for me as a solo camper to stick with the main sites! Though I do like to find a nice quiet, adults only Hideaway CS.
                      Cynthia
                      Yes, this one is very expensive. 6 nights camping, around £175 (each), so around £29 per night.It says online that the facilities are open, ie., loos and showers, but that some communal areas are shut. I wonder what those are if they are not showers and loos? This is only a sloping field (although some level pitches) quite small and on a working farm, so it's not exactly luxury class!

But sites on Anglesey in Wales are generally more expensive than most. And it's high season. And campsites are trying to make a bit of money to replace their losses now sites are allowed to open. I wouldn't have booked it, but my sister is impulsive and unmindful of cost.

I won't be using the facilities anyway, I think it's still far too risky. I prefer to use my own.
                      Last edited by jayjay; 29-07-2020, 11:33.

Comment

The CCC webpage says that membership (£41) includes "your partner *... " but I can't see any footnote to explain what the asterisk is for.

Geoff

Comment

I don't think you can do that unless you are sharing a unit. You may well get away with it at a CS, but not at a main Club site.

I remember Mary Mary tried to book two pitches for herself and her husband as he had his own van (I can't remember why they were taking two vehicles) and they were told that he would need his own membership to have a separate pitch.

So I think it would only work if you never went away on the same nights as each other so the computer would never query it. Plus it would have to be in one name and the other person would have to remember they weren't themselves but you.

Comment

I realise it must seem very “cheap” to try and work the system, I’m just rebelling against everything campingwise assuming we are all in a couple.
                            This should be a different thread...lol

Comment

Hi there.

Although the initial cost may be more, the fact that I camp as a single rather than a double I think brings the price down when I book, as it appears that C+CC charge by the person rather than the pitch?

Panda
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/pandabloke

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X