As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Convenience of Romahome/ broken mirrors

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convenience of Romahome/ broken mirrors

I have just taken my mother up to the Lake District in the batmobile on an emergency visit to an elderly Aunt who had had a fall. Experienced the joy of a broken passenger side wing mirror following a visit to a petrol station. (Can only presume it happened whilst we were in the shop). Unfortunately did not notice it swinging in the breeze. I hate to think how much it is going to be to repair!

I suddenly realised just how blind you are in a Romahome without the mirror and the prospect of tackling the M6, even it not the absolutely vital mirror, was not something I wished to tackle. Fortunately a local garage and some duck tape and we had an effective repair.

Although not used for sleeping in this journey the romahome was great because we even had a proper cooked lunch of chicken schnitzel, (Cumbrian farm shop), & broccoli at one of the service stations rather than their overpriced fodder. And of course a tea/coffee facility. The only problem was the waste water as I do not stick waste cooking water in the drain of the motorhome.... easily solved in the end as there was a drain in the car park just outside the van... and I am sure broccoli water will do no harm to the drainage system. The loo option was also really important I have decided.

Berlingo mirrors are available from Eurocarparts and Wingmirror man. They are quite straightforward to fit

Peter

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
    Working...
    X