This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Temporary Olympic Site - Lee Valley

Hi All - the C&CC has the franchise for 320 pitches at Lee Valley, 10 mins walk from the main Olympic venue.

I have booked and paid upfront for 3 weeks at a cost of £45 for a pitch with no EHU - there are none.

Given the length of stay and my intended reason for it ie volunteering (hopefully, but not yet had an offer !) I am unlikely to use the 'van during that period with the result I will run out of electricity.

I have investigated acquisition of a portable generator (about £300 with inverter) which will be quite noisy (60+ db) and require refuelling. I imagine many other people will be in a similar situation.

I did discuss with the C&CC Area Sites Manager at the NEC last week. They had clearly investigated their options (eg portable industrial generator) and rejected on the grounds of cost (an additional £20 per night for each pitch). We did discuss some other options for the C&CC and they are constantly "reviewing the situation"; he has taken back my ideas.

So - I've started a ball rolling with the C&CC. My question of the Forum is: can anyone suggest alternative solutions for me as an individual, please ?

One further request: if you are booking at the same site, please can you make similar demands of the C&CC and increase the volume of our noise !

Thanks a lot.