As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Grip King" portable wheel traction tracks

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Grip King" portable wheel traction tracks

Just came across these usefull tracks - if you are stuck in a wet field they could be a lifeline - and they're reduced in price!!

http://www.tooltime.co.uk/shoppingca...n-Tracks.html#

Mike :so happy:

Originally posted by Yamaha View Post
    Just came across these usefull tracks - if you are stuck in a wet field they could be a lifeline - and they're reduced in price!!

http://www.tooltime.co.uk/shoppingca...n-Tracks.html#

Mike :so happy:
    Big Brother in Germany where they get a lot of snow says they dont work too well on deep snow or MUD,they tend to slide around.he recommends 2 solid plastic Planks ( I have seen these somewhere) which work better.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

I have two rubber floor mats stored in the passenger footwell for such an eventuality...though some poor soul would have go back to rescue them after the vehicle has managed to move.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
        I have two rubber floor mats stored in the passenger footwell for such an eventuality...though some poor soul would have go back to rescue them after the vehicle has managed to move.
        Just put a grommet/hole in the corner, or even glue a loop on. Then tie a line from each one to your bumper/towbar/rear-towhook. Then when you get moving your mats will come with you till you reach firm ground.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
          Big Brother in Germany where they get a lot of snow says they dont work too well on deep snow or MUD,they tend to slide around.he recommends 2 solid plastic Planks ( I have seen these somewhere) which work better.
          If you can rescue a bread crate from somewhere the one with the 1" deep egg crate bottom cut out the bottom and cut 2 strips from it these serve well on mud or snow and are cheap enough to loose them and easy to carry/store

Alf

Comment

Originally posted by alf39 View Post
            If you can rescue a bread crate from somewhere the one with the 1" deep egg crate bottom cut out the bottom and cut 2 strips from it these serve well on mud or snow and are cheap enough to loose them and easy to carry/store

Alf
            That is a neat tip,and I like the D.I.Y feel of it

Comment

trwin1

Alf
              Hi Alf
              We have them too brilliant and as you say very cheap.

Comment

So by mixing alf's suggestion,

Alf
                With jim's

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                Just put a grommet/hole in the corner, or even glue a loop on. Then tie a line from each one to your bumper/towbar/rear-towhook. Then when you get moving your mats will come with you till you reach firm ground.

Jim
                we have a perfect, reusable solution!!
                Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

or you can get this from amazon via this forums link

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Vehicle-Tyre...353415&sr=8-11

Comment

A couple of bits of hessian backed carpet work well too....

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X