As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A fleeting visit .....

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A fleeting visit .....

A fleeting visit home and the first chance to log onto the Forum for months!

What with three public Inquiries at the beginning of the year, my son's extended house moving saga (don't ask, just don't ask ) and getting away from home whenever possible, it has been somewhat hectic . Add in my wife trying to run her needlework group when we have been at home, my attempt as chairman to hold the reins of the local CTC member group :bicycle: (they seem to get on better when I am away) as well as the routine family and Church life, there really has been no time to think, let alone delve into the Forum.

So far this year we have been away in the 'van for 82 nights and are about to go away again, this time up to Yorkshire. Last year we had to cancel the intended trip due to the snow, hopefully we will fare better this year.

This is the last booked trip for the year, although I expect that itchy feet will see us making one or two short breaks for freedom before Christmas, just to prevent "lazy 'van syndrome".

No doubt I have missed much gossip, interchange of ideas and general good natured fun between members, please fill me in if anything serious has passed me by.

Barry

Welcome back Barry, it's nice to see you on here again, it sounds like you have been busy of late so we will excuse your absence.

We've got a meet in the spring if you fancy joining us, see the thread in "fancy meeting up", as for the rest of the news just have a look round the forum, there's been plenty going on you need to catch up fast.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Well, around these parts...... Romahome have teased us with a new R20, Riosromahome kayak was halfed by an idiot speedboat Nigel thankfully is recovering , some lovely meets during the year, one including lots of rain all incorporating cakes and pies!!!
      Lots of great photos, birdwatching and plenty of new members, and I've missed out loads!

Meanwhile in The Archers, Nigel fell to his death from the roof of Lower Loxley and practically all residents are currently scared following the return of Clive Horrobin!
      All the best
      Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

Meanwhile in The Archers, Nigel fell to his death from the roof of Lower Loxley and practically all residents are currently scared following the return of Clive Horrobin!
        -----------------------------------
        Great summary!

Ha, I used to be put to bed when the Archers came on (up to the age of 11! How did Dad manage that? It was on at 6.45pm, for heaven's sake!)

Is Nigel supposed to be related to old Walter Gabriel? Go in for great longevity, these Archers. Must be campervan owners.
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
          -----------------------------------
          Great summary!

Ha, I used to be put to bed when the Archers came on (up to the age of 11! How did Dad manage that? It was on at 6.45pm, for heaven's sake!)

Is Nigel supposed to be related to old Walter Gabriel? Go in for great longevity, these Archers. Must be campervan owners.
          Blimey,is Walter Gabriel still alive? he must be 200 years old now!!
          I never was an Archers fan,the musical intro always drove me from the room, I spent much of my youth on farms in Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire and it was NOTHING like that,heaven be praised,or the suicide rate in farming communities would have hit 100% years ago.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Walter Gabriel..... 'well me old pal, me old beauty' is long gone.... and Nigel joined him early this year, but I think they were from distinctly different breeding stock
            Ian I think you're right it bears little resemblance to real life..... but Ambridge can be a difficult place to escape from!

Barry I seem to have subverted your thread welcome back however!
            All the best
            Andyvan

Comment

Carpe diem! :)

Comment

My dad was a huge fan of 'The Archers' [something to do with one of the producers being an acquaintance]. As Dad didn't get home in time to listen during the week we were subjected to the omnibus edition on a Sunday morning whilst having breakfast. I hated it as I wasn't allowed to utter a word during the hour it was on, not easy for a 6 year old.

Later on in life, a guy I was going out with was also a fan and the whole experience repeated itself again - urgh! Now just hearing the intro music makes me either flee from the room or rush to turn the radio off.

Di.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X