Thanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks

My first big adventure is nearly over, as I sit on the ferry from Cairnryan to Belfast.
    I have travelled through Scotland, stopped at every
    possible stopping place along Hadrians Wall, stayed on sites in North Yorkshire, Nottinghamshire and Essex, parked on friends’ driveways in Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex, visited every brown sign I could find along the way, bought a fresh crab in Cromer, and generally had a fabulous holiday.
    Thanks to all who were so generous with tips and advice, and made my trip comfortable!

Wow! Quite a trip. I'm glad you had such a great time with your van.
    Claire

Comment

Brilliant...well done you...a trip you'll remember.!!..where next...???

Comment

Excellent, thanks for letting us know how you got on.

Comment

Well done - and now what? Do I hear "The Wild Atlantic Way" calling you back on the road.
          Jon
          Support the NHS go to Just Giving

Comment

I would love to do the Wild Atlantic Way - I have visited sections of it, but one day will do the whole trip!

Comment

Originally posted by Annelies View Post
              I would love to do the Wild Atlantic Way - I have visited sections of it, but one day will do the whole trip!
              A trip well worth doing... we spent a month in N. Ireland and Eire and the deep South West was by far the most spectacular. The sea was so rough and the coast so wild that we spent two nights here https://tinyurl.com/y2lpnozv at Clogher Strand car park and just watched the sea raging against the rocks. A short drive down the coast is the Blasket Centre which records life in the astoundingly rugged Blasket islands just off shore. Just imagine living in such a place.

Click to enlarge
              Blasket-1 (Large).jpg Blasket islands Wave-729a (Large).jpg Clogher wave-1 Wave-671 (Large).jpg Clogher wave-2

Comment

I have been to that area! The Blasket Centre is well worth a visit!
                When the islands were cleared, and the remaining population moved to the mainland, it was easy to spot Blasket islanders - as they walked in single file! The weather on the island was so rough that the islanders always walked in single file - so that if someone fell over and slipped down the rocks they couldn’t grab the person next to them and drag them down too!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X