This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of Motorhomes on the Road this weekend

Just got back from a quick trip to Buxton. Lots and lots of motorhomes on the road, must be because its the end of half term week. Or people are trying to make the most of the weather before winter kicks in. We got at least half a dozen or so waves, quite a lot for us, people think we are a plumber or electrican until they get up close and personal!

We popped into to Lapwing Farm near Meerbrook to say hello to Graham and Pauline, there was a Dimension parked up, not sure if it was theirs or their friends, but no sign of life only had 10 minutes to spare so did not hang around. Looked a very pretty spot

We cant get away this weekend, masses going on, and just heard that our son is in Swansea hospital. He had a really awful time about 3 years back when he developed Endocarditis after some dental treatment. Spent 3 months in hospital, and then 18 months later, had to have beating heart surgery. Scary times.......... now it looks as if the problem is back. Should learn more in a few days

Its not been a good decade for our family
    Mary

Awww, I hope your son improves. And I hope the next decade is better for you and all your family.

Comment

Thanks Jayjay - was feeling little sad. But had a couple of very postive phone calls from the hospital. Andy is getting his personal needs sorted out - communication is easier as he now has a phone charger and laptop and he says Swansea hospital is fab! Every cloud has a silver lining!
      Mary

Comment

I'd like to echo Jayjat's comments. Sounds as if you are going through a really tough time. Best wishes for a happy, healthier future for your family. X
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
          Just got back from a quick trip to Buxton. Lots and lots of motorhomes on the road, must be because its the end of half term week. Or people are trying to make the most of the weather before winter kicks in. We got at least half a dozen or so waves, quite a lot for us, people think we are a plumber or electrican until they get up close and personal!

We popped into to Lapwing Farm near Meerbrook to say hello to Graham and Pauline, there was a Dimension parked up, not sure if it was theirs or their friends, but no sign of life only had 10 minutes to spare so did not hang around. Looked a very pretty spot

We cant get away this weekend, masses going on, and just heard that our son is in Swansea hospital. He had a really awful time about 3 years back when he developed Endocarditis after some dental treatment. Spent 3 months in hospital, and then 18 months later, had to have beating heart surgery. Scary times.......... now it looks as if the problem is back. Should learn more in a few days

Its not been a good decade for our family
          Sorry to hear about your son, my son Ben has to have aintibiotics if he has any dental treatment that involves blood, due to having major heart surgery as a baby, he is 23 now, best wishes to you all.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your boy Mary,I have a good chum at work who has the same problem,and as I also have cardiac problems we regularly cheer each other and swap jokes and symptoms in the local curry house.It doesnt stop my pal from doing much,and with a bit of care we both live good lives.

I wish you both well.

Ian
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by phoenix View Post
              Sorry to hear about your son, my son Ben has to have aintibiotics if he has any dental treatment that involves blood, due to having major heart surgery as a baby, he is 23 now, best wishes to you all.
              Strangely enough, Andy had dental treatment about a week ago...... but the medical people are really cutting down on the antibiotics they give out, so he did not have that option this time. Things might be OK, the various test come back next week. He will either be home at the end of next week, or in hospital till christmas. Trouble is, he is an absolutely awful patient, the exact opposite of that word in fact!
              Mary

Comment

Sorry to hear Andy is in hospital -what a worry. It doesn't matter how old they are we still worry about our offspring, don't we? Mine is 23 but he's only got to catch a cold or have a headache and I'm ready to speed over to Liverpool to tend to his every ache and pain.

He gets cross sometimes when I interrogate him about how he is but I just remind him that he'll always be my little boy in my mind and that he'll understand when he's got his own children.

I hope the test results show that Andy can come home this week, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you all.

Di.

Comment

Hi Mary so sorry to hear of your son's problems, we wish him a speedy recovery and hope everything goes well.

Sorry we missed you at Lapwing Hall Farm, Wendy and John were out walking and we were on our way when you were there but we found your note.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

We only had 10 minutes to spare and it seemed a shame to pass close by and not stop. Did you have a good weekend, what did you find to do?

I didn't think it was your van I left the note on, but there was a SMH card in the window so I knew it belonged to someone absolutely lovely
                    Mary

Comment

Hi Vanderella, best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery.

As Graham mentioned, John & I were out walking and saw a red VW as we were looking at the reservoir from the side of the road. We wondered if it was you and this was confirmed when we returned to the van and found your note. Sorry that we missed you.

We walked round the reservoir on Saturday and did some birdwatching, then a visit to the Lazy Trout for a meal in the evening. Sunday a walk to the bird hides and a look round the shop at the visitor centre before coming home.

Also had time for coffee and ginger cake at frequent intervals. :eat:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                        We only had 10 minutes to spare and it seemed a shame to pass close by and not stop. Did you have a good weekend, what did you find to do?

I didn't think it was your van I left the note on, but there was a SMH card in the window so I knew it belonged to someone absolutely lovely
                        As Wendy says we had a great weekend with great company, it's a good place for birdwatching on the reservoir and had a lovely meal at the Lazy Trout which is a short walk down the road.

I recorded some footage for a video review of the campsite, so watch this space.

The ginger cake was particularly lovely.
                        Graham
                        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by wendy View Post
                          Hi Vanderella, best wishes to your son for a speedy recovery.

As Graham mentioned, John & I were out walking and saw a red VW as we were looking at the reservoir from the side of the road. We wondered if it was you and this was confirmed when we returned to the van and found your note. Sorry that we missed you.
                          I saw you both standing at the side of the road looking at the reservoir! I thought you looked like SMH people!! Hope to meet you in the flesh someday

We go to the reservoir at least once a week. We prefer it when there are not too many people about, just birds and ducks!
                          Mary

Comment

Hi Mary so sorry to hear of your son's problems, I wish him a speedy recovery and trust all goes well for him.
                            Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                            'Live without regrets'

Comment

I think things are going to be OK. Thanks for everyone's kindness. I tend to be a bit over anxious these days. Not sure if it is an age thing, or the aftershock from an unexpected family bereavement...... or maybe both!

It looks as if Andy should escape the clutches of Swansea hospital within a few days. He was away on a business trip and miles from home so will be very pleased to get back to his family.
                              Mary

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X