CMC. Anyone any thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMC. Anyone any thoughts?

We are still struggling to find someone to buy a campervan from. CMC are a long way from us but sound convincing. Anyone used them?

I'd guess that to most people CMC means Caravan and Motorhome Club, but also that that's not who you mean!

A quick Google search comes up with Cheshire Motor Caravans in Northwich or Concept Multi-Car in Hythe, there may be others. I'm afraid I've had no dealings with either of those two, despite living in Cheshire, but others may have once we've clarified which one we're talking about.

Geoff

Comment

Thankyou for pointing this out.
      . CMC is in Hythe, so I guess it's concept multi car. I have seen they convert different makes, I don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing. As, 'official' VW converters they can still register their vans as campervans which seems to be increasingly difficult to do.

Comment

Hi Mrs Trackman. Why not post on our "Hello" section and tell us a bit about yourself? F'r instance, are you looking for new or used, modern or retro, a micro, a PVC, A class or B class? Otherwise it's almost impossible for us to advise you.
        Oh, and welcome!

Comment

Hi and welcome, Mrs Trackman!

I've just had a look at CMC Hythe conversions, their conversion for my VW Caddy maxi looks excellent!
          I'll put them on the list of people to contact!
          Last edited by jayjay; 07-10-2020, 09:12.

Comment

Good idea

Comment

Whatever you do Mrs.T ... buy with your head and not your heart, It's not a Wendy House on wheels no matter how pretty and well-sorted it may appear, it's a vehicle first and foremost and must function as that before anything else is considered. Money spent on an independent mechanical and structural inspection is never wasted. Consider taking a hard-nosed and cynical pal with some technical / mechanical knowledge with you when getting close to a decision. Anything advertised "as seen" should be avoided like the plague.

Good luck with it.

Comment

Very good advice. Thankyou.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                Working...
                X