This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

southampton

any on no of any places in southamton to stop over night this is not till april 1st next year as hope to be picking new R20 up (tom)

twin1

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
    any on no of any places in southamton to stop over night this is not till april 1st next year as hope to be picking new R20 up (tom)
    Hi.
    I think one that is very near for you is at Southampton Netly Abbey SO31`8GD
    Its a certified site with the caravan and camping club.Sheet 196.Its Mr and Mrs Mathews, Sunnydale Farm,Grange Road, Netly Abbey,Southampton.
    Its open all year. telephone 0238045762.
    We have not used it yet but have it earmarked for our next visit to Southampton hospital.

Comment

We stayed at Morn Hill Caravan Club site near Winchester when we took the van to Freeborn earlier this year. It's just off the M3, and takes about 20 mins to get to Southampton. Very nice site, good disabled facilities, and very flat pitches.

Comment

southampton

thanks for replys will look gool earth up later (tom) diggdeep

Comment

If you need somewhere to stay before collection then check out the Premier inn . They have good discounts if you book ahead. We stayed there for one night when we transported the Grandson to Uni. It cost £9 a night !

Comment

We had a night at Sandy Balls in the New Forest after picking up our R40 - reasonably close to Freeborn and hard standing if the weather is wet.
            If you're a caravan club member then there are lots in the New Forest and some closer to Southampton as well as the club site in Winchester

Comment

I live close to Southampton so, haven't stayed at any sites locally - too close to home. Sadly my drive isn't even big enough to to completely take my R20 or you would have been welcome.

I did join the Motorhome Stopovers club a few weeks ago. The have lists of pubs that are happy for you to stay over in their car park, provided of course, you have a drink or meal in the pub. There are several near Southampton, the nearest being The Compass Inn at Winsor (not to be confused with Windsor in Berks) a few miles away to the west. A nice pub on the list is The Milburys at Beauworth just a little way east. Haven't been there for a few years but it used to be good. Both of these pubs are in very quiet rural locations.

Despite being on the list I've no idea if they are happy with stopovers so you'd better ring them in advance if you are planning to stay.

I have no idea if Motorhome Stopovers is any good, it is just a list of 300 pubs supposedly good for overnighting but the idea seems good and at £30 to join I'll get that back in just a couple of nights not having to pay site fees, especially as we often go to the local pub in the evening anyway.

Comment

[QUOTE=BrianTheSnail;30346]
                I did join the Motorhome Stopovers club a few weeks ago. The have lists of pubs that are happy for you to stay over in their car park, provided of course, you have a drink or meal in the pub.
                --------------------
                Britstops seems a similar idea - we have joined but not yet used any of their places - with them, you can stay at farms, vineyards, pubs etc though the list does seem quite limited in each area.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

southampton

we did going on the motorhome stopovers at some of the pubes no room to park up and lot of the pubs did not no as been tuck over . thinking going try britstops lookes beter set up thank (tom denise)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X