This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Devises

Hi. I thought I would mention a Camping and Caravanning Club site we recently stayed in. It is just outside Devises. The main attraction is it is only 100 yards from the Kennet and Avon Canal We had some really nice walks along the towpath eventually finding a great pub called The Barge which does very good food. The canal was frozen but it was fun watching the ducks sliding about on the ice! Lots of interesting barges to look at too.I would think the site will get very busy in the summer.
    Regards, Colin.

Originally posted by colin View Post
    Hi. I thought I would mention a Camping and Caravanning Club site we recently stayed in. It is just outside Devises. The main attraction is it is only 100 yards from the Kennet and Avon Canal We had some really nice walks along the towpath eventually finding a great pub called The Barge which does very good food. The canal was frozen but it was fun watching the ducks sliding about on the ice! Lots of interesting barges to look at too.I would think the site will get very busy in the summer.
    Regards, Colin.
    Hi Colin

Yes Devizes is a lovely site, we (me and Pauline) have been there several times and The Small Motorhome Forum had a meet there in 2007, you can read about it here.

http://smallmotorhome.co.uk/meets.html#devizes
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

we have a wedding to go to in August in Devizes and I have seen the CCC site advertised and thought we would stay there. We have actually ridden the locks and surrounding areas a few years back. A bit too hilly for me now phew!!!! We are going to Devizes in a fortnight so may check it out. Glad you said it was a nice place...
      Jessie

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
      Working...
      X