This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heat resistant table protectors

Have just bought myself some heat resistant table protector and cut out a peice to fit the table. The plan is now to buy myself a nice peice of waxed table cloth to cover. I should be able now to put hot plates and mugs of tea etc on the table without worrying about mats now! (Would not trust ridiculously hot stuff but it will take the worst I hope).

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
    Have just bought myself some heat resistant table protector and cut out a peice to fit the table. The plan is now to buy myself a nice peice of waxed table cloth to cover. I should be able now to put hot plates and mugs of tea etc on the table without worrying about mats now! (Would not trust ridiculously hot stuff but it will take the worst I hope).
    --------------------
    That's a good idea - beats using the chopping board and teatowels!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I have silicone squares to put pots and pans on.... they are flexible so can be used to wrap around mugs to stop them clattering when in transit. I need to get one bigger one though am on the search.

Comment

Now you got it covered experiment on scrap piece of wood with offcuts to see how hot it can take

Comment

This stuff is proof to about 100 C so great for mugs of tea.. not great for roasting tins. However I have found some better deluxe stuff since that is proof to 250 C. Even better. however as I plan to put a table cloth on top of mine it should be fine.

Comment

I have silicone squares to put pots and pans on.... they are flexible so can be used to wrap around mugs to stop them clattering when in transit. I need to get one bigger one though am on the search.
            depends on size required get silicon baking sheet or swiss roll silicon sheet

http://www.siliconemoulds.com/black-...liner-p-9.html
            Last edited by AGING HIPPY; 20-11-2011, 23:59. Reason: quick search

Comment

No I do not use the silicone baking sheets aging hippy as they are too thin. I use things like these pictured on amazon. They wrap well around mugs and stop the rattling and are then ready to slip underneath your hot mug.

silicon pot mats

and for the table protector you can find examples on this website, although I bought mine from a shop, you just cut it to size.

Table protector up to 100 C

or this one that I discovered later

table protector to 250 C
              Last edited by Tentpeg; 21-11-2011, 06:03.

Comment

Nice one, Tentpeg. Thanks for the link.
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post
                  depends on size required get silicon baking sheet or swiss roll silicon sheet

http://www.siliconemoulds.com/black-...liner-p-9.html
                  I think the baking sheet looks really good, so I'm going to get one! Thanks for that.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X