As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse

FAO MARTIN GERRISH

If Martin Gerrish is reading the forum can you check your email and reply to [email protected]

Thanks
Graham
See more
See less

Camping clubs help after Brexit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a shame the borders weren't closed when the virus first emerged and then the island would probably not have been affected as much as it has been!
    Too old to know everything!

Comment

JimBro Not sure whether to delete that off topic political post or just leave it - if there is any continuation of that theme I'll delete those posts and yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Voyageuse View Post
        Well as you say the 90 days out of 180 is for all EU countries, so if you want to spend 3 months in Spain then another month in Italy the short answer is, You can't.

If you want to spend over 90 days in France, you can apply for a visa here https://fr.tlscontact.com/gb/splash.php ( BrianTheSnail I have double checked and I think this is the proper site, but caveat emptor). I don't know about other countries but I imagine they have similar processes. Don't forget this is nothing new really, all EU countries routinely issue visas to third country nationals so they have all their rules and procedures in place, all they have to do is roll them out in the UK. For Brits of course it is a big change and the idea that you may be refused entry if you don't have your paperwork in order, and you are limited in how long you can stay, may take some getting used to. But Aussies and Kiwis and 'Mericans etc etc etc seem to cope, so I'm sure Brits will too.
        No I appreciate some countries have this but on most of them according to our government website no information. I am sure things will be fine but just seems like the EU throwing their Teddy out the pram. We will cope its just more paperwork but making travel more difficult just seems a bit petty to me its only them that lose out on tourism. I travel all over the world and find it quite easy just want to do another extended European tour so will keep my eyes peeled on this one. Some clever planning dropping into Morocco for a month, using Switzerland and some Balkan states might make it a little easier and further east into Turkey or Georgia might mean 3 months in Europe 3 months in non EU states just a bit more planning.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianTheSnail View Post
          Hmm, I'm not quite sure you have fully understood the meaning of the word 'Union' in "European Union'

I find this subject hard to comment on without getting political but for better or worse the UK has decided to leave the EU and consequently we are now subject to rules as foreigners visiting the EU as opposed to being members of it. This does mean additional restrictions on our travel, the 90 days rule is something several of us may fall foul of, another is the rule on what foodstuffs we can take into the EU - normally my van would have the first night or possibly two's worth of food to save the hassle of shopping immediately. I'm sure other rules will come out of the wash. You don't like it - tough! That is what the UK has decided it wants to do, but one thing, please don't blame the EU for these rules - they are treating us fairly, just like they would treat visitors from other non-EU countries - in fact, I'm amazed the rules for travellers from the UK are not more restrictive (e.g. the GHIC continuing to function as the EHIC) and the UK phone companies, so far, respecting the EU roaming tariffs.

My insurers (AIB) sent my green card last week.
          I fully understand the word Union and glad we left but I don't want this about political debate like you say not the forum for it. But it seems they are throwing the Teddy out the pram. The EU should not decide what happens across each individual country and that countries rules on travel and tourism either way thats why I wanted UK out as they don't understand democracy. My point was trying to get a conversation going on how we get to travel longer than 3 months around Europe maybe trying to find a site for this for an extended EU visa. If you want to go to Australia for a year you apply for a tourist visa. However this doesn't seem to exist in the EU just says look at each country. Well what if you want to spend 10 months travelling around Europe surely there should be something for this. Maybe we should ask our antipodean friends how they do it?

Comment

Originally posted by YellowTrevor View Post
            Well what if you want to spend 10 months travelling around Europe surely there should be something for this. Maybe we should ask our antipodean friends how they do it?
            I believe Austrailia has bi-lateral agreements in place with most EU countries, that allow Aussies to stay for longer.
            Hopefully the UK will sort out similar agreements with individual countries before too long. It would be good if they set up some kind of working visa scheme like Australia has as well, so that British youngsters can start benefiting from the experience of working in Europe again. But as yet, our government hasn't got round to it. You will have to be a bit patient I am afraid.
            As you say it is a matter for individual countries to decide and the EU does recognise that. Every EU country is free to make its own bi-lateral agreements with non-EU countries, and issue visas. But unless or until they do, Schengen rules apply.
            Away with the Fairies

Comment

Originally posted by Voyageuse View Post

I believe Austrailia has bi-lateral agreements in place with most EU countries, that allow Aussies to stay for longer.
              Hopefully the UK will sort out similar agreements with individual countries before too long. It would be good if they set up some kind of working visa scheme like Australia has as well, so that British youngsters can start benefiting from the experience of working in Europe again. But as yet, our government hasn't got round to it. You will have to be a bit patient I am afraid.
              As you say it is a matter for individual countries to decide and the EU does recognise that. Every EU country is free to make its own bi-lateral agreements with non-EU countries, and issue visas. But unless or until they do, Schengen rules apply.
              That’s interesting.I must check out the Australian thing. My Oz passport expired in May 2020 and I haven’t bothered to renew it but if it gives me more flexibility in Europe I will!

Comment

We've had an email from CMC this morning advising where to find the up to date information on European Travel.
                Geoff

Comment

Thanks for that Empyrean . I assume the 2kg of dog food is per human so we could take 4kg. That means we could go for just over 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy's mum View Post
                    Thanks for that Empyrean . I assume the 2kg of dog food is per human
                    Lucy's mum That confused me for a minute, I thought it mean that each human would eat 2kg of dog food
                    Away with the Fairies

Comment

No, we are not that desperate

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X