This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sinks!!

I was just sitting here thinking about sinks !! it occured to me that we haven't used the campervan sink for its intended purpose for the whole of this year, and we've been away lots. Since we always use club sites we have taken to always using the washing up facilities provided, we do our ablutions at the site toilet block, we clean our teeth Girl Guide stylie ( with a mug of water). However we have found the sink is an excellent place to store croissants and pains au chocolat!! What do others use their sinks for?

derek and Babs
    derek b and Babs

I keep dog food in the sink. Very handy. Never forget where I've stored it!

Comment

I use mine to hide the dirty pots when someone knocks on the door!
      Jim.
      Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

I put a couple of mugs, teaspoons, tea, coffee, and maybe plates and knife, ready for snacks / drinks when travelling. All wrapped up in a tea towel or two.

Oh, and for stand up washes in the van if there is no shower block!!
        Carpe diem! :)

Comment

I used to use my sink for the overflow of beer as the fridge was so full :so happy::so happy:
          Dabs

Comment

All of the above!!
            Mary

Comment

I read somewhere of someone using an old-fashioned type of 'haybox' cooker, where they heated a stew or whatever, stuck it in the insulation, then stood it in the sink and packed it firmly. They then drove to wherever they were going. The meal would cook as with a slow-cooker and they'd have a hot meal ready when they parked up at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
                I read somewhere of someone using an old-fashioned type of 'haybox' cooker, where they heated a stew or whatever, stuck it in the insulation, then stood it in the sink and packed it firmly. They then drove to wherever they were going. The meal would cook as with a slow-cooker and they'd have a hot meal ready when they parked up at the end of the day.
                I bet they had to avoid road humps!

I am unique then? - I use my sink as a sink. What do you wash your hands in if you're not using the sink ??????

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                  I bet they had to avoid road humps!

I am unique then? - I use my sink as a sink. What do you wash your hands in if you're not using the sink ??????
                  I guess in the washing up bowl that you store on top of the loo, under the sink...to use to cart the dirty dishes to the utility area?

Am impressed at the idea of a kind of haybox cooker, a feasible alternative to pre-cooking said stew, especially if on a trek from place to place.

Comment

You're not alone, jayjay, as we use our sink as a sink as well. It's a useful thing when it's pouring with rain - I can't make John go out in the wet to do the washing up.

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2011 View Post
                      Am impressed at the idea of a kind of haybox cooker...
                      There's a modern version available here.

It seems to me to be expensivefor what it is. You can get a 12v slow-cooker for much less than half that, or use a wide-top Thermos like it says in the blurb.

Comment

Wet wipes of course!
                        Mary

Comment

And those little disinfectant hand gels!
                          Aileen.

Comment

Originally posted by paul View Post
                            There's a modern version available here.

It seems to me to be expensivefor what it is. You can get a 12v slow-cooker for much less than half that, or use a wide-top Thermos like it says in the blurb.
                            -----------------------
                            Might be a great idea but...94 pounds?!!!

Buried in my study, I have a WW2 cookbook. I'm sure there are instructions for making a haybox in it....along with lots of ideas for 'nutritious, cheap meals, possibly made with products grown in one's garden' Ah, but will I have had to wear my hair in curlers, a spotless, white apron, high heels, a beaming, very feminine smile whilst waiting on the men....

:washingup:

Comment

We use our sink for washing up all the time, can't be bothered traipsing down the campsite to wash the pots, we used to do that when we had a tent, now we've got a motorhome we might as well use all the facilities on board.
                              Graham
                              Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X