X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

overnighting

hi as any one used the britstope sites are
    they any good tom denise

Although we are britstops members, we haven't as yet used them, so can't comment. They do seem good, in principle, but, as a campervan newbie often camping as a single, I still feel safer in a proper campsite.

Let us know how you get on.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by diggdeep View Post
      hi as any one used the britstope sites are
      they any good tom denise
      We've considered joining Britstops, the stopovers shown are very alluring, I don't know if they would all be as good! as we understand it they are not campsites so you stay there as an invited guest of the business owner, it is considered courteous to buy something from your hosts outlet in return.

derek b and Babs
      derek b and Babs

Comment

I agree with both Derek and Sue. I am a member of Britstops and I decided to stay in the carpark of what seemed to be a lovely old pub. When I arrived the carpark was very small and on a slight slope and I got the most awful feeling so I swiftly sped away to find a proper camp site. I know I'm a coward but it just didn't feel safe there. Maybe next year...

Comment

stop overs

Originally posted by mari2chris View Post
          I agree with both Derek and Sue. I am a member of Britstops and I decided to stay in the carpark of what seemed to be a lovely old pub. When I arrived the carpark was very small and on a slight slope and I got the most awful feeling so I swiftly sped away to find a proper camp site. I know I'm a coward but it just didn't feel safe there. Maybe next year...
          i it like the pub stop over came out of it as no room to park in tom denise

Comment

I had thought about joining Britstops but really would only use the ones located in the South East and Midlands.... So without compromising the membership benefits, can any member tell me if there are plenty of 'stops' in those regions please?
            Thanks
            Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

Used 2 sites so far - one pub and one hotel. Spent a bit more than planned on my meal at the former but had a nice curry + cooked breakfast at the latter for < £15

Quiet car parks and friendly staff at both.

As I understand it, the scheme is fixed March -> February, so there aren't many months left this year.
              Neil

Comment

Hi Andyvan. At the last count there were 21 stops in south east, 11 in east midlands and 8 in west midlands. Once you become a member you get up dates on new stops via email. Hope this helps.

Comment

Thanks Maria and Neil, much appreciated, think I'll be joining in the new year, does seem to extend the options a bit.
                  Happy trails
                  Andyvan:so happy:

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X