As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A little rant!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A little rant!!

Just thawing out from a very cold but lovely weekend away in Bakewell,stayed at a lovely site which is a CCC site with good facilities as expected.I did however have a very unfortunate accident whilst on site luckily apart from being very shook up I only suffered minor bruises and abbrasions.The reason that I feel the need to rant is that the badly placed decorative half barrell filled with crocus that I fell over was placed directly in the walking route to the toilet/shower block and was hidded to view out of the floodlight beam,you just could not see it as it was in the shadow of the roof and did not have any light colours on it.I fell banging my head shoulder arm and knees landing on a small cobble kerb,it bloody hurt Ill tell ya!! This happened on the Friday evening,I reported this to reception on Saturday morning having suffered an almost sleepless night in pain.I asked to see an Accident book and was told "We have one but its not for the public to see" I then explained what had happened to me and did make a point of saying that it wasnt a complaint I was making it was a reccomendation that the misplaced barrel was moved to be in the light where everyone could see it.I think this was a reasonable request.I was told it would be sorted.

Imagine my disgust when I found out this morning (Sunday) that not only had the barrell not been moved that a lady had fallen over it who as worst luck would have it happened to be a heamophilliac badly gashing her leg and had to be rushed to hospital to stem the blood loss.
    Im so annoyed I cant tell you,it just seems very lax that I had reported a hazard which had not been sorted.
    I did not raise the subject again with reception as I would have been too annoyed to get my point across in a reasonable manner after the knowledge that someone else had suffered worse and after I had reported it and been told it would be sorted out.

I feel like reporting it to the CCC club as it neednt have happened and Im sure it will happen again!!!

Dabs

Hi Dabs

Greenhills is actually a listed site with the C&CC, it is not one of their club sites. It says this on the club website:

The Club cannot approve or recommend listed sites, these are simply provided to give you more choice.

I don't think the club will take responsibility for what happened to you and the lady but I do think the management of the site should have taken action after you reported your accident. It sounds like a case of negligence.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Dabs
      Sorry to hear of your accident, I would be just as cross. I agree, it was very negligent not to move the plant tub. I would think the best thing to do is to write to the Manager of the site with your complaint, pointing out that in the future others not so lenient as you might sue. Twinkletoes

Comment

Re: rant

If it's not an accredited Club site then it's almost certainly licenced by the local council.

If there have been two injuries, one needing hospital treatment, and the second one happened after they were notified, then the sites licencee should be informed.

Derbyshire Dales DC, Caravan site licences

Comment

Sorry Graham, but where does Greenhills come into this? Bakewell is a Camping and Caravanning Club site. It seems to me that a letter to C&CC HQ is appropriate, Dabs. You could almost copy and paste your post on this thread. Get well soon.

Edit I now realise that the Club site is not yet open, so there is presumably a listed site at Bakewell called Greenhills. I might still be inclined to write to HQ, though. The Club might not wish to advertise a site which is managed negligently, so they may contact the site to good effect.

Edit2 Have now seen Bongo thread!!
          Last edited by aggsnrog; 07-03-2010, 23:41.

Comment

Oh dear, that is an awfull thing to happen. I would be inclined to write to the management and inform them that I am seeking damages and my solicitor will be contacting them. I bet the stupid planter would get moved then, very quickly.To actually point out the danger and to have it ignored is gross negligence on the part of the staff. That other lady could have quite easily have died, as it is, her visit to the hospital would not have been pleasant. Please let us know if you have an update on this incident.

Comment

That sounds nasty and so very easy to put right, why wasn't it? I would be as angry as you are. Certainly a letter as others here have suggested. I hope you're ok, Dabs, and there won't be any further repercussions.

Who will be next to fall over it? As Penny said, that lady could easily have died, and you might be encased in plaster! If I fell hard over something like that, because of the back probs I have with ruptured and herniated disks, I could quite easily end up in a wheelchair for the rest of my life!

Just can't believe that they didn't do something immediately that this was reported. It doesn't make sense to me.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
                Oh dear, that is an awfull thing to happen. I would be inclined to write to the management and inform them that I am seeking damages and my solicitor will be contacting them. I bet the stupid planter would get moved then, very quickly.To actually point out the danger and to have it ignored is gross negligence on the part of the staff. That other lady could have quite easily have died, as it is, her visit to the hospital would not have been pleasant. Please let us know if you have an update on this incident.
                I would get straight on to an injury claim site and seek compensation, if just to get them to do something about it.

Comment

Can someone please post the address of the site.

The CCC Bakewell site is a no facilities site and therefore does not have a toilet block.

There appears to be some confusion here

Peter

Comment

I fear I caused the confusion, Peter. It was past my bedtime

The Bongo thread gives the site as http://www.greenhillsholidaypark.co.uk/index.html

Comment

Originally posted by aggsnrog View Post
                      I fear I caused the confusion, Peter. It was past my bedtime

The Bongo thread gives the site as http://www.greenhillsholidaypark.co.uk/index.html
                      Yes it was Greenhills its a lovely site and my rantings arent a complaint I just feel it wrong that hazard reporting is not acted upon,especially when others have and will suffer even after a polite verbal report being given to reception!

Anyway I have e mailed the site to ascertain if the hazrd has been moved or removed so as to avoid any further accidents I await the response back!

Thanks for the replies I thought I was turning into Victor Meldrew when I posted it up!!

Dabs
                      Im ok now a bit bruised and scraped and I must say a bit embarrassed (I cant remember the last time I had a fall im too careful!!) looking back I wondered what the hell had happened I went down with such a clatter

Comment

Just a follow up

I have received an e mail back from the site basically blaming the "new staff" and training for the apparent negligence.

I have replied back and basically said look out as some people who may stay there may not be quite so forgiving in fact in this compensation culture we now seem to live in some people would thrive on something like this.

Anyway not a lot more I can say other than "Be careful out there peeps",you never know what hazards are around in the dark on campsites.

Dabs

Comment

Originally posted by Dabs View Post
                          some people may not be quite so forgiving in this compensation culture we now seem to live
                          I agree with what you say about the compensation culture; it's something I dislike as well.

I'm not urging you to take this further but my comment would be that it is a poor excuse.

"New" staff are still staff and "apparent" negligence is still negligence.

-- --- -- ----
                          On a lighter note, the fact that the tub of flowers was in the shadows reminded me of a real 'Boys from the Black Stuff' story.

Apparently a chap was having his driveway done by a team who knocked on his door and said they had some tarmac left over from a road job and did he want his drive doing on the cheap (the old story).

He was very impressed because they kept working long after knocking-off time and seemed keen to finish the job even though it was well after dark.

Eventually the foreman knocked on his door and said that they were finished. He looked out and it seemed like a very good job so he paid over the money.

Next morning he found out why they liked to work in the dark. The drive was covered only as far as the light from his doorway reached. The rest was bare.

Comment

Hi Dabs
                            What a disaster, this sort of thing just should not happen. I do think you should at least email the CCC, a letter from them might just make this site get their act together, but I must say you are a lot braver than us going away with the temperature as low as it is at the moment, and there is nothing wrong with being a Victor Meldrew I have been one for years, and I love it.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X