This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whoops the door has dropped off!

Oh dear, oh dear, our sliding door has just dropped off and we cant see how to fix it. Why do these things always happen when our lovely local garage is closed till after new year?

John has very skillfully tied the door back on and is trying to make it to the VW Van Center at Stoke before they close for the day........pray he makes it safely without the door flying off on route, and fingers crossed there is an easy cure. Our experience of VW main agents suggests it will be expensive!!
    Mary

Goodness me I've never heard of that happening. Hope John makes it ok with it tied on. Perhaps you ought to have put the door in the van but I suppose that would have been a bit draughty.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Side door problem

Think the bottom roller bracket maybe has collapsed,
      New ones here if so, http://www.t4srus.co.uk/vw-t5-passen...dra2-765-p.asp

Refit the door in the meantime with Gaffa tape all around the seams,
      Be carefull with your digits when reffiting as they are heavy and awkward to handle,
      Best of luck

Comment

You may have lost the stopper, bottom right hand corner... if not, bottom roller failure... THIS is the T4 version, your T5 one is very similar. Two- man job to get it back on the runners though.. they are seriously heavy!

A local garage will sort this for you, even if that means refitting the door and leaving it shut until you can order the parts for fitting later.
        No need for main agent input, unless Santa left you a big pile of cash for Christmas

EDIT - just seen Veras more accurate link - same website too!
        Last edited by rubberrat; 29-12-2011, 15:40.
        Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

John and the van both made it to Stoke safely! The VW Van Centre were very helpful and very friendly. The van now has its very own index card for future use!!!!!

Re vera ..... it is the bottom bracket thingy, VW have ordered it for us at a much higher price than the one on your link of course.

Rubberrat ..... you are right the door is very heavy and awkward and we are kack-handed at the best of times!

The VW people have temporarily refitted the door and provided we do not use it the van is driveable till the part arrives in the New Year. Our local garage may have been cheaper but unfortunately closed till the new year. Could not fault the VW helpful service and friendliness so will stick with them this time, it was a relief to handover a rather awkward job to the professionals!
          Last edited by Vanderella; 29-12-2011, 21:10.
          Mary

Comment

Oh dear. Poor old you. And I thought it was bad enough the driver's window falling in, on my old Micra. Good luck with the emergency repairs. can that nice AA man help at all?
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Got a temporary fix now till the parts arrive in the New Year. Not a good start to 2012 budget wise, but I guess that is what the emergency fund is for!
              Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                Got a temporary fix now till the parts arrive in the New Year. Not a good start to 2012 budget wise, but I guess that is what the emergency fund is for!
                Am glad you are kindof sorted. and yes, the emergency fund is def to nurse the van with, rather than to replace things in the house!
                Carpe diem! :)

Comment

John & Mary Brrrr!

Glad you got something sorted guys,
                  Rather draughty in van otherwise,

Comment

Glad you got it sorted! I've never heard of a door falling off before either!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X