As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Haven Camping Pitches

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven Camping Pitches

Just received an e-mail Haven Holidays are selling some touring pitches for £6 if you can book well in advance. Seems good value as most sites have a pool and entertainment , if that is what you want.

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
    Just received an e-mail Haven Holidays are selling some touring pitches for £6 if you can book well in advance. Seems good value as most sites have a pool and entertainment , if that is what you want.
    Never even considered this option before Peter, looks like some good deals to be had. Many Thanks.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

So if we were all to book at the same one, for eg the same weekend, we could have a nice cheap 'meet' - an acceptable alternative to the Travelodge idea, which I'm trying out Jan 22/23 at Porthmadog. (The actual location of that lodge doesn't look too brilliant, though it is just 1/2 mile from the sea, an easy enough walk.)

AND the haven idea includes the positives of Haven Holiday sites (pool, bar, etc)

Thanks for the tip. Will certainly consider it.
      Last edited by NomadSue; 07-01-2012, 14:14.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
        So if we were all to book at the same one, for eg the same weekend, we could have a nice cheap 'meet' - an acceptable alternative to the Travelodge idea, which I'm trying out Jan 22/23 at Porthmadog. (The actual location of that lodge doesn't look too brilliant, though it is just 1/2 mile from the sea, an easy enough walk.)

AND the haven idea includes the positives of Haven Holiday sites (pool, bar, etc)

If I remember right Sue. That Travelodge is on the edge of the town, though hardly out in the country. It is flat though and the walk through the main street to the harbour is quite pleasant.
        Watch out for trains in the middle of the road!
        Jim.
        Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

This is a good idea and if they have a sauna/jacuzi we could all bring our swimwear too. Problem is I am back in hosp soon for another op on my right ankle then back in a wheelchair/mobility scooter. So maybe if I'm not severly depressed by then I could still go.

God Save the Sea Kayaker
          from the evils of ignorance

Comment

Hi Sue,
            have a nice time in Porthmadog.
            Let us know how you get on. We were considering that Travelodge as an option. Did you get a bargain price ?
            We've got 3 breaks in June 1 Chester next to a Toby 3mls from zoo and 2 breals in New Brighton again. Like it there next to the sea and overlooking Liverpool harbour. All £10 a night.
            Haven Grange-Over-Sands seems nice and a good location for the south lakes. This area seems overlooked by some. The coastline from Grange to Rampside is very scenic with the mountains behind and Morcambe bay . Very non commercial and plenty of Free parking to enable us to stop and have a walk . Get back to the Duo and have organic homemade 8oz beefburger or 2 from Sizergh Farm shop.
            There is a very nice carpark on the left heading towards Barrow (A590). It has nice loo's , once again free parking picnic benches and over the low stone wall people fish . It's a small hidden corner of Morcambe Bay.
            Does anyone use www.tripadvisor.co.uk we get alot of info from them ?
            You have to read between the lines on some review though. Some people who are used to 4/5 star accomadation get quite a shock when they stay at the adverage Travelodge. What no bar / restaurant room service. We got there at 2 and were told we'd have to wait till 3 or pay an extra £10 to get in the room. Read the standard Travelodge terms is all I have to say. I've never stayed 5 star but common sense would tell me not to turn up for dinner in jeans and t-shirt
            Last edited by peterfowden; 07-01-2012, 15:28.

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
              This is a good idea and if they have a sauna/jacuzi we could all bring our swimwear too. Problem is I am back in hosp soon for another op on my right ankle then back in a wheelchair/mobility scooter. So maybe if I'm not severly depressed by then I could still go.

God Save the Sea Kayaker
              from the evils of ignorance
              I hope the operation on your ankle goes ok.

Agh! Re swimwear - am still searching for a proper Victorian style cossie out of respect for the public's eyes! The burkini beckons! (No disrespect intended)

I think this may be the link to the offer being discussed:
              http://www.haven.com/touring-camping...linkname=TCO01
              Last edited by NomadSue; 07-01-2012, 16:09.

Comment

Cheap haven pitch fees

Thanks for the tip, I'm planning an early trip to devon on a tight budge, I'll check it out thanks tony

Comment

Originally posted by Tony View Post
                  Thanks for the tip, I'm planning an early trip to devon on a tight budge, I'll check it out thanks tony
                  Book soon, I've just been on the Haven web site and quite a few of the cheapest ones have sold out already.

Peter

Comment

I believe Park Resorts have similar off season offers. Ewig stayed there several times last year. (She has not been on the Forum much recently as Aud has been ill - but I hope they come back to us in the Spring). Anyway, they reckoned the sites were good value especially with a swimming pool available for tourers.
                    Mary

Comment

Thanks, Peter. Actually, we know the Barrow area pretty well. My grandparents and beloved uncle used to live in that area, and we borrowed my uncle's mobile home in Bolton-le-Sands many a time. Yum, sticky toffee pudding from Cartmel, gingerbead from Grasmere. Fantastic scenery and fascinating local characters. As a child living in Basingstoke,who could only visit once a year (no motorways then), it used to take me several days before I could understand anything my uncle said!

I know what you mean about not having expectations that are too high. If the place is really naff, we will not go back for the second night.But I'm sure it will be fine.

Possibly the very worst place that I have ever stayed in was a youth hostel in Calgary - seemed reasonably respectable when we booked a private room for my daughter and myself. Oh dear - lots of drunks and, I suspect, druggies slept out on the grass outside and I swear I saw bugs on one of the beds the following morning. Yukkkkk! Quite scary. The youngsters there were all very pleasant though. It certainly made us appreciate the comforts in that beautiful log cabin that we later stayed in, in Jasper.

Anyone else have similar ..er...pleasurable holiday experiences?

Originally posted by peterfowden View Post
                      Hi Sue,
                      have a nice time in Porthmadog.
                      Haven Grange-Over-Sands seems nice and a good location for the south lakes. This area seems overlooked by some. The coastline from Grange to Rampside is very scenic with the mountains behind and Morcambe bay . Very non commercial and plenty of Free parking to enable us to stop and have a walk . Get back to the Duo and have organic homemade 8oz beefburger or 2 from Sizergh Farm shop.
                      There is a very nice carpark on the left heading towards Barrow (A590). It has nice loo's , once again free parking picnic benches and over the low stone wall people fish . It's a small hidden corner of Morcambe Bay.
                      Does anyone use www.tripadvisor.co.uk we get alot of info from them ?
                      You have to read between the lines on some review though. Some people who are used to 4/5 star accomadation get quite a shock when they stay at the adverage Travelodge. What no bar / restaurant room service. We got there at 2 and were told we'd have to wait till 3 or pay an extra £10 to get in the room. Read the standard Travelodge terms is all I have to say. I've never stayed 5 star but common sense would tell me not to turn up for dinner in jeans and t-shirt

Comment

Thanks, Peter. Actually, we know the Barrow area pretty well. My grandparents and beloved uncle used to live in that area, and we borrowed my uncle's mobile home in Bolton-le-Sands many a time. Yum, sticky toffee pudding from Cartmel, gingerbead from Grasmere. Fantastic scenery and fascinating local characters. As a child living in Basingstoke,who could only visit once a year (no motorways then), it used to take me several days before I could understand anything my uncle said!

I know what you mean about not having expectations that are too high. If the place is really naff, we will not go back for the second night.But I'm sure it will be fine.

Possibly the very worst place that I have ever stayed in was a youth hostel in Calgary - seemed reasonably respectable when we booked a private room for my daughter and myself. Oh dear - lots of drunks and, I suspect, druggies slept out on the grass outside and I swear I saw bugs on one of the beds the following morning. Yukkkkk! Quite scary. The youngsters there were all very pleasant though. It certainly made us appreciate the comforts in that beautiful log cabin that we later stayed in, in Jasper.

Anyone else have similar ..er...pleasurable holiday experiences?
                        Jan and myself have been to over 50 Travelodges and only found 1 real rough one that was Wirral Eastham.Mattresses were 25yrs old stained awful.
                        Tried 5 rooms before asking for a refund.
                        Don't be afraid to ask for pillows, more towels drinks etc, they try to give you minimum to keep costs down but usually find more if asked for.
                        If you have something to complain about afterwards contact Travelodge head office direct by e-mail. We've done that 3 times lately just to tell them of things we weren't happy about and got e-vouchers for the full cost of our break towards next room.
                        We've been to Barrow Travelodge 3 times and its a good clean comfy hotel.
                        In a quite industriel park but there's a cycleway hidden at the back of units that follows river straight into Barrow ship yard. Nice carvery on Walney and as you know miles of unspoilt quite beaches
                        Ist pic carpark off A590 that you can fish from
                        2nd south lakes car park overlooking Morcambe bay
                        Attached Files

Comment

lovely photos Peter,it says it all about small campervans,they just fit in and become part of the scenery.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Thanks Ian,
                            the Romhomes (other small campers are available) certainly let you get off the beaten track without spoiling the view for everyone else.
                            1st pic Derwent reservoir
                            2nd pic Thursaston Wirral Dee estuary. Nice caravan club site there
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                              lovely photos Peter,it says it all about small campervans,they just fit in and become part of the scenery.
                              Super pics.

Ian - you're spot on. Romahomes blend in with other parked cars too which is perfect for stealth-camping.

I parked in a super spot in the Cotswolds recently in a quiet lane and with my bonnet parallel to the other parked cars, nobody seemed to even notice I was there (despite the smell of cremated bacon escaping from the rear door!).

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X