As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chesterfield Canal Festival.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chesterfield Canal Festival.

If anyone is interested. A festival at the new marina/basin on the canal will be held on the 30th of June and the 1st of July in Staveley Derbyshire.
    There will be three trip boats running, plus many visiting boats along with sidestalls and attractions.
    Buses (possibly vintage) will be running a half mile service from there to the Barrowhill Roundhouse where steam trains will be operating.
    The marina site is about half a mile from the Caravan Club's Poolsbrook Country Park Site by road, or about the same via the Trans-Pennine Trail for pedestrians or cyclists
    If there should be sufficient interest I could approach the Canal Trust to see if
    a limited number of caravan/motorhome parking pitches could be included on site.
    HAVE I STUCK MY NECK OUT AGAIN?!!!!!
    Jim.

Basin.
    http://www.chesterfield-canal-trust....nal-basin-full
    Last edited by Twolitre; 09-01-2012, 14:08.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
    If anyone is interested. A festival at the new marina/basin on the canal will be held on the 30th of June and the 1st of July in Staveley Derbyshire.
    There will be three trip boats running, plus many visiting boats along with sidestalls and attractions.
    Buses (possibly vintage) will be running a half mile service from there to the Barrowhill Roundhouse where steam trains will be operating.
    The marina site is about half a mile from the Caravan Club's Poolsbrook Country Park Site by road, or about the same via the Trans-Pennine Trail for pedestrians or cyclists
    If there should be sufficient interest I could approach the Canal Trust to see if
    a limited number of caravan/motorhome parking pitches could be included on site.
    HAVE I STUCK MY NECK OUT AGAIN?!!!!!
    Jim.

Basin.
    http://www.chesterfield-canal-trust....nal-basin-full
    Oh yes,youve done it again
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Sounds very interesting though this seems to be the same weekend as the Yorkshire Scupture Park meet.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
        Sounds very interesting though this seems to be the same weekend as the Yorkshire Scupture Park meet.
        A pity about that, but I cannot do anything about the date.
        I just posted it in case anyone was interested. Maybe no one will be.
        Jim.

Comment

Of course we could be interested.. well I am for one .
          I make occasional visits to reality, but I'm not a full time resident
          http://minimouseandmilos.blogspot.com

Comment

We did say we would be interested in the Yorkshire Sculpture Park meet, but Jim, IF you could get us canal side pitches like last year then that would be our preference. Closer to to home for us, and a lovely fun/relaxed weekend.

So the 2012 Chesterfield meet as organised by Jim gets our
            Last edited by Vanderella; 09-01-2012, 21:05.
            Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Minimouse View Post
              Of course we could be interested.. well I am for one .
              And me too,Jim

Comment

YES YES YES. Definitely, we are very keen to come Jim.
                Really enjoyed last year, with Canal Festival this time, that really is the icing on the cake. :so happy:

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
                  We did say we would be interested in the Yorkshire Sculpture Park meet, but Jim, IF you could get us canal side pitches like last year then that would be our preference. Closer to to home for us, and a lovely fun/relaxed weekend.

So the 2012 Chesterfield meet as organised by Jim gets our
                  Hmm. Does sound very tempting! Canal side pitches, eh?!
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Hmmm!
                    It seems there might be enough interest. I will see what I can find out.
                    The Basin is about four miles from the last Chesterfield meet, so the site used last year may not be the best. Especially if vehicle movement is restricted. Although I am pretty sure it would be available to us as we left a very positive impression last year.
                    I will investigate possibilities adjacent to the Basin or nearby.
                    I think any response will need a C. C. Trustees meeting for a decision. I am not sure whether any facilities will be available at the Basin except for public toilets, but I will ask also.
                    WHAT HAVE I DONE?!!
                    Jim.

Comment

Good-o, will wait to hear what you come up with. Thanks Jim:so happy:
                      Mary

Comment

GeeCee, count us in!

Yes, Jim, Carole and I are definitely interested in a canal boat weekend 30th June-1st July. Canal boats, steam trains, motor homing and cycle rides, enthusiasts' heaven. Worth the trip up from the South. Graham and Carole

Comment

Oh drat, sounds great and right on our doorstep but we aren't available that weekend
                          Graham
                          Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hi Jim

I am interested but it all depends on whether I can book a couple days off around the date as it is quite a way from Devon. Otherwise if I will end up exhausted for work and that just is not on given the work I do. The site sounds super.

Comment

sounds fab!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X