This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

camping this weekend?

hi we fancy taking the van out for a spin and stopping somewhere for 1 or 2 nights. Anyone got any suggestions, not too far from Nottingham say 30 mile radius
    cheers Shaz x

Clumber park and chatsworth caravan club site are both showing as available For this weekend if that's any help. Both have usual good quality facilities and easy walking from site. Chatsworth also has lots of local towns and villages to explore.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

aah we are camping and caravan club

Comment

What about Teversal? I think they are open all year and lovely heated toilets with piped music, if it gets cold you could sit in there.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Graham I worked out last year you were DEFINITELY not a cold weather hardened camper..... I mean you were very lukewarm on the idea of being the scout party for a possible meet in the snow for the SMF.

But this post well ..... heated loos and piped music!!.....

Comment

Originally posted by Tentpeg View Post
            Graham I worked out last year you were DEFINITELY not a cold weather hardened camper..... I mean you were very lukewarm on the idea of being the scout party for a possible meet in the snow for the SMF.

But this post well ..... heated loos and piped music!!.....
            Good camping - sitting outside the van on a lovely sunny day with the bbq cooking a delicious meal and just sitting afterwards and relaxing with a glass of wine and a good book until it gets dark around 10pm.

Bad camping - sitting in the van listening to the icy rain beating on the van, shutting the blinds because it is dark at 4.30 and trying to keep warm until bed time.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

we have a little oil filled radiator and a lap top for DVDS, and maybe a bottle of wine, we will be very snug!
              we are thinking of High meadow farm Barrow on soar, anybody been?

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                Good camping - sitting outside the van on a lovely sunny day with the bbq cooking a delicious meal and just sitting afterwards and relaxing with a glass of wine and a good book until it gets dark around 10pm.

Bad camping - sitting in the van listening to the icy rain beating on the van, shutting the blinds because it is dark at 4.30 and trying to keep warm until bed time.
                How different we are. I LOVE being in the van, preferably in in a howling gale, listening to rain pound on the roof. Most times I then have whatever place I'm at all to myself, which is even better!!

(But even I have spent some miserable evenings confined to a cramped van, wrapped in a blanket watching the condensation from my breath freeze and wondering if 8pm is too early to go to bed!)

Comment

well we picked a cold one, minus 6 at sunnyside campsite in Goxhill!!
                  Fab site though, we needed the EHU and out mini radiator!
                  Did lots of walking, saw lots of birds, very sunny but a bit parky

Comment

Sounds good to me, provided you also had lots of thermals / layers to wear.

I'm 'camping' this Sunday / Monday - at Porthmadog travelodge. Fingers crossed for slightly warmer weather, though will take the mulled wine with me...just in case
                    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X