This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

motorhome awnings

does anyone have any suggestions what awning to buy for a romahome not looking for anything to big or does any free standing fit most?

Originally posted by smokie View Post
    does anyone have any suggestions what awning to buy for a romahome not looking for anything to big or does any free standing fit most?
    Hi Smokie

We've got an Outdoor Revolution Movelite Square, it fits our Dimension or a smaller Romahome i.e. C15, Outlook, Duo etc. Its very lightweight and easy to put up also comes with an inner bedroom.

See our ACCESSORIES STORE for some ideas on awnings.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

romahome awning

I also have a Movelite square drive away awning but it does take at least two people to put it up and with my Outlook I find there is a dip in the piece that attaches to the camper which tends to collect water if it rains and then leaks! I have just managed to find some extra storm straps as only two are provided but it really needs four. If anyone is interested they were at Highbridge motorhome centre near Burnham on sea.

As I camp alone quite often I also have a Outdoor revolution Outhouse which is particularly useful for extra storage and outside space as I do miss sitting outside even if it is raining or a bit breezy!

I think I am still at heart a tent camper but the convenience of my little Roma outweighs any hankerings for the smell of canvas and the sound of rain on the.tent roof.

Lizzie

Comment

Originally posted by lizzie View Post
        I also have a Movelite square drive away awning but it does take at least two people to put it up and with my Outlook I find there is a dip in the piece that attaches to the camper which tends to collect water if it rains and then leaks!

Lizzie
        Mine didn't Lizzie! I used to go inside and pull the hoody bit straight from through the back skylight, then shut the skylight on the line bit (that would slide into a rail if you had one!), then I would set the position and pin the awning down... then I would use the side lines and pegs to pin the hoody down near the front wheels. Mine did exactly the same at first, until I got the hang of that hoody bit. But I would recommend them for romas as they are the best fit. Then adjust the bottom hoody elastic ties and tie to back leg steadies.

Pic below... not very clear unfortunately, but the only one I have - hope you can see how the guide ropes go... and it's trapped in the skylight!

Forgot to add - it might be different on a C15 Roma, mine was a demountable.
        Last edited by jayjay; 13-03-2010, 09:39.

Comment

we purchased a drive away movelite awning just a short while ago, we have yet to erect it.. We are going to try it out on a dry day.. that should be fun, was told it was quick and easy!!!!!
          Jessie

Comment

Good one, jayjay. How did you manage to drive a way from your drive-away awning?

Comment

Originally posted by jessiem View Post
              we purchased a drive away movelite awning just a short while ago, we have yet to erect it.. We are going to try it out on a dry day.. that should be fun, was told it was quick and easy!!!!!
              Yep, it eventually gets easier - but only after a lot of practice! I did exactly the same, tried it out in the garden first... and I'm glad I did, although I still needed help when I got to a campsite! Fortunately, my first trip out in my camper was to a meet with other SM campers on here, so there were lots of ppl who knew exactly what to do! And lots of thanks to Derek and Penny who helped me with mine, then I helped them with theirs as we were both Movelite virgins! LOL!!

Roger.. you have to untie everything to drive away... pretty easy actually, just untie the bottom strap from the legs, pull up the guy ropes, take the top bit out of the skylight and away you go... I used BIG STRONG PEGS (like clothes pegs only bigger and stronger) to peg the flapping hoody down until I returned to camp. You just have to remember to undo it from the camper every place you tied it on! Another story trying to reverse back to it in the right place, LOL... eventually tried Glen's trick of putting a rope on the grass on the driver's side, opening the door and reversing wheels back next to the rope, worked a treat!!

Comment

We have had a movelite square but we have just got the XL version because we wanted more space.

It is slightly taller than the square.and the connecting piece is slightly longer. It is easier to get tight and does not foul on the door when you are openning it.

Our romahome is an Outlook

Comment

JayJay, I'm with Roger on this one, I think what he means is how did you drive away from your drive away awning in that picture? There is a huge bank of grass in front of the van, it would have taken a bit of manoeuvering.
                  Graham
                  Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

I will be taking this awning to the Wolverley Meet not sure what it will work like as I have not had it out of the bag yet! It may be perfect for a Romahome with a rear door.

http://www.reimo.com/en/93643-tuffi_...s_motor_homes/

I will be taking it to The Cotton Arms Wrenbury Cheshire next weekend for its first outing I will post up some pics from this.
                    I managed to buy the Reimo Tuffi second hand (used once) from a fellow Bongoer who already had 5 other awnings so one had to go.I sold my Royal Traveller 3 annexe side awning when I bought a Fiamma rollout for the side so got the Reimo just in case I needed a proper awning going over the rear seemed a good idea!!

Report back next weekend!!

Dabs

Comment

cheers

thanx folks for all the help and advice really appreciate it, we are real novices at this and any advice is a great help

Comment

Originally posted by Graham View Post
                        JayJay, I'm with Roger on this one, I think what he means is how did you drive away from your drive away awning in that picture? There is a huge bank of grass in front of the van, it would have taken a bit of manoeuvering.
                        Oh I see what you mean - a fifty point turn was required! No seriously, this is the campsite at Ullapool where we stayed overnight whilst waiting for the ferry.. we didn't need the van, it's only a few strides to the nearest pub, so I didn't bother turning it around and parking that-a-way before putting on the awning! Although I would only have needed to park it that way just another foot back as it turned on a sixpence!

Note to Smokie - don't forget to leave enough room to drive away in front of you!!

Comment

nice one

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                          Oh I see what you mean - a fifty point turn was required! No seriously, this is the campsite at Ullapool where we stayed overnight whilst waiting for the ferry.. we didn't need the van, it's only a few strides to the nearest pub, so I didn't bother turning it around and parking that-a-way before putting on the awning! Although I would only have needed to park it that way just another foot back as it turned on a sixpence!

Note to Smokie - don't forget to leave enough room to drive away in front of you!!
                          lol and there was me thinking you must be good being able to reverse throu a tent ,mind you ,love the tent,i usaly put a gazebo up ,and then spend the next morning looking for it lol,nice one jayjay

Comment

Originally posted by scarrabri1 View Post
                            lol and there was me thinking you must be good being able to reverse throu a tent ,mind you ,love the tent,i usaly put a gazebo up ,and then spend the next morning looking for it lol,nice one jayjay
                            Lol Brian!

Comment

As promised a few piccies of my rear awning Reimo Tuffi first time out of its bag!

I will be taking it to Wolverley so is anyone wants to measure it up they will be more than welcome.Being specifically designed for rear doors it may suit quite a few vans on here!

It isnt a heavyweight awning and has a tendancy to gather a bit of water on top I got round this by stretching a few bungees across the metal frame which helped quite a bit.
                              On a personal note Im very pleased with it as the colour scheme is in keeping with my Bongo it even has "Red Vees" on it that match my new seats!!

Dabs

Comment