Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Derek & I were seriously impressed with your awning Brian so was Viv so maybe ant will have a few more sales. It is so light and airey, unlike the movelite that can be dark and basically is still a tent. The Movelite is an ideal awning for the Roma and so easy to erect and as Jayjay said earlier, just stretch it out across the roof and tie it off . We tie ours on the side windows and it holds firm and easy to detach when you want to go out in the camper.

Comment

Originally posted by pendel View Post
      Derek & I were seriously impressed with your awning Brian so was Viv so maybe ant will have a few more sales. It is so light and airey, unlike the movelite that can be dark and basically is still a tent. The Movelite is an ideal awning for the Roma and so easy to erect and as Jayjay said earlier, just stretch it out across the roof and tie it off . We tie ours on the side windows and it holds firm and easy to detach when you want to go out in the camper.
      Quite agree. The proper Romahome version is lovely and I was also very impressed... However, I like the fact that you can open the door on any side of the movelite, so you can be out of the wind - I'm not sure if the roma version will just open at the back (and of course the front, to drive away) and the sides are simply windows?

Yes, the downside to the movelite is that it's very tent-like, and dark inside in comparison.

If I had the dosh, I'd have both!!

Comment

I think if I was on my own I would go for the pop up one that we saw at Wolverley. The lady with the 2 Spanials had it, sorry, I dont remember her name. It was just a case of taking it out of the bag and it just "POPS UP" Then you peg it down. Amazing thing and not difficult to put away either, well, she made it look easy. Still thinking about the Roma awning, lots of money

Comment

I had both the Harrison awning as Bryan had and yes it is very light and airy, and you can hang things from the poles, food etc on long breaks no animals to reach it! But it is heavy in transporting.

I now have the Movelite XL not used as yet, I am hoping that it will cover all my needs on a fortnight's holiday for cooking and lounging etc.

I sold both my Harrison and Movelite.

I totally agree that the Movelite is dark! pity Outdoor Revolution do not make in a lighter fabric.

And it is more versatile with the option of any side to open.

Comment

We found our Harrison awning to be quite heavy and fits in too large bags, one for the awning and one for the poles, whereas the Movelite fits into a very small bag and is lightweight in comparison and about £200 cheaper. I suppose its a case of horses for courses.
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

For my ROMINI (with rear door) I bought an Outdoor Revolution Scenic XL, anticipating that I could fit an awning rail to the back of the Romini to attach it. When I erected it I realised that the top edge was too high for the Romini (and the curved roof line did not help). I also anticipated that it would have "flaps" at the side to seal off the back edge. It did not!

I need something I can be certain will fit the Romini (max. roof height at centre 2.27m and at the edges 2.11m and 1.8m wide) which I can erect on my own, bearing in mind that I am the wrong side of 70. It obviously does not need to be "driveaway", though it would not matter if it was. From this Forum I get the impression the Movelite Square would fit, but I am not sure I could cope with putting it up alone.

Can anyone from first hand experience advise me what I need? Comments about retirement-homes NOT gratefully received!

In the meantime does anyone need a slightly marked, but otherwise sound Outdoor Revolution Scenic XL for around £40?

Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
                ....In the meantime does anyone need a slightly marked, but otherwise sound Outdoor Revolution Scenic XL for around £40?
                Jim.
                I can't advise on something for the Romini but I am very interested in the Outdoor Revolution Scenic XL. We have a Romahome Duo but Songbird and I are also the wrong side of 70 and vertically challenged! so were thinking of a lightweight tent for storage of possibly 2 bikes. (If I pluck up the courage after 50 years of engine power) Songbird has always cycled.

I'll send you an email. Ann

Comment

Hello Ann,
                  I have replied, I think, to your private message, but there seems to be no confirmation that I have been successful. The system is different to any other Forum I have visited. If I have been unsuccessful please contact me again.
                  Jim.
                  Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Hello Ann,
                    I have replied, I think, to your private message, but there seems to be no confirmation that I have been successful. The system is different to any other Forum I have visited. If I have been unsuccessful please contact me again.
                    Jim.

Hi Jim

If you want to check it has been sent, when you are in your personal messages at the top there is a little drop down menu where you can jump to your sent messages and if the message has been sent it will be in there.
                    Graham
                    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Hello Ann,
                      Jim.
                      Yes, thanks, and I've just done a reply with info on the IoW rally. Ann

Comment

I enjoy watching people putting up new awnings..... could watch it all day....

Comment

Originally posted by Roamingsue View Post
                          I enjoy watching people putting up new awnings..... could watch it all day....
                          You should try watching me, Im so slow it takes me all flippin day.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi
                            Anyone who wants driveaway awning similar to movelite XL but doesn't like the colours should look at Riversway Riviera awning from Riversway Preston - shop or internet, which is lighter in colour (light grey and pale blue- not ideal for my R40 but I'm fussy) and fits very much the same way. It sits on my R40 well (see separate thread for pics and details) and is bright and airy. I think it would also fit lower vehicles as the height of the rear entrance adjacent to the van is quite low at about 2m but tunnel is very generous meaning it fits the height of R40 well but would pull further across the back of lower vans.
                            It definitely needs 2 to erect on the R40 but that's to simultaneously lift the tunnel over the height of the van. Next time I put it up I will have a go on my own and let you know - at 3 x3m it's quite a big beast with long flexible poles which have a mind of their own!
                            Janet

Comment