As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1st time on caravan and camping site

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st time on caravan and camping site

we have been members of the caravan club for 5 years but also joined (the other one C and C )at the Nec It gives you more places to go so went to Oxford and we really enjoyed it The wardens as the slogan goes friendly club were just that and we noticed a more relaxed attitude and not so many warning signs of things not to do. The pitch was good and even had a couple of bird seed feeders hangingfrom our nearest tree (well used too)Heavy snow andfrozen and burst pipes didnt seem to stress any one and all campers would stop to have a chat.The toilet block worked fine even if it looked 1980s style and beleive it or not a chap was in a tent all weekend (oh no back a bit I before e in believe)the camper said he wanted to be all manly to impress two Ladies well i told him all the men think he was tough as well !!!This site we will return to a lot could be quite a favorite as its on a park and ride bus route in and out of town when needed and Oxford is wonderful with great buildings , museums Thames river walks boat trips and brilliant shops .I can say we will book a lot more with this club....most impressed....Mark and Shirley....

I agree with Mark & Shirley - a really friendly site in a great location. We stayed there last February (cold but not quite as bad as this year).

Super walks along the river, and the Park & Ride to the City centre just across the road for those who do not want to walk it (and have free bus passes!). Need about a month there to get through all there is to do!
    Mary

Comment

I have had great experiances of the camping and caravan club as well.

The Oxford site is a great location for seeing Oxford. I believe there are plans to update the facility block, in fact I believe the site was going to close for a month or so for it to happen but it got postponed for some reason.

To be fair I have had great experiances with the caravan club as well although I do love the mix up of units that you get in a camping and caravan site it is more fun.

Comment

For me,it is simply a question of choice,location,location,location is all that matters and by belonging to both clubs I have a good choice all year round.
        Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Yes I second that Ian, but have to say I prefer C&CC out of the two, I find it's not so snoberish but that's just my opinion!!!!! not to upset anyone,
          Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
          'Live without regrets'

Comment

hello Bryan when i was 15 in 1960 iwas on holiday on the way to Scarbrough with my Mum and Dad and Went through Cleethorpes i got Dad to screech to a halt .........and i shinned up a fence to look in your Grimsby Town football ground.i saw your team play Bristol Rovers several times your team had Red socks with black and white stripes .......Ron Rafferty,Ron Stockin clarence williams,jimmy Fell et all,a good team ,they dont make them like that any more!!!........Mark.

Comment

I like the mix of units on C&CC too!
              Regards, Robinjim.

Comment

fab some of the comments have helped me to decide on places and to decide that getting a camper as well as just tent camping is def the way to go cheers

Comment

Originally posted by motorphil View Post
                  fab some of the comments have helped me to decide on places and to decide that getting a camper as well as just tent camping is def the way to go cheers
                  You won't regret it!
                  derek b and Babs

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X