As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Small awning - I know, yet again!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small awning - I know, yet again!!!

Just wondered if anyone has seen any new small driveaway awnings at any of the shows or knows of anything similar likely to come out this year?

If not then I may give this one a go as we previously discussed here : http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=3645

It's pretty much the size I want and a good price - but it would be nice to have something else to compare with.

Thanks - and hooray, the snow is going at last!

Jan

That cube doesn't seem to have any mudflaps! I've heard from others these can be pretty draughty at times. Give me the movelite square any day!

Comment

Thanks yes you're probably right. I just need it though as a dumping ground for muddy boots, muddy dog and storage so the van isn't full of 'stuff'. All the other awnings I've seen are huge in comparison and I might just as well have bought a tent if the awning's going to be bigger than the van - mines only a little van!

I'll just keep on looking then - though the dog is quite a good draught excluder or I could get a groundsheet with a bit of an upstand which might help a bit.

Thanks for the advice jayjay

Jan

Comment

Hi again, Jan! I can't seem to remember what campervan you have for the awning! Must be my age! My (older version of the) M. square was originally used for my diddy romahome demountable. Not too big and not too small. Lovely for the dog and junk we carry about and which gets in the way... But loads of people have something like the one you mention and it's certainly chaper than the movelite!

Here's mine on the back of my present unit, a diddy Kip caravan! As you can see there, mud flaps present and no light (or rain or draught) getting inside.

All you need to decide is if the keeping out of rain etc is going to be an issue for stuff you leave out there.
        Attached Files

Comment

I have a vis a vis tent where the outside (flysheet) layer had a gap of a couple of inches to the floor. Of course the bed pods were ok but it meant the middle bit had draughts - and that was the bit son slept in (daughter and I had a bedroom pod each.)

I got a plastic tarpaulin that was a foot or so oversized in all directions and put that underneath the bed pods, rolling it at the edges so it made a sort of "wall" that stood up inside the canvas of the tent and blocked the draught.

That would sort out any issues due to there not being any mudflaps.

Comment

Not sure if it's if any interest but riversway leisure have their version of the movelite on clearance priced at £99 according to an email I have just received.
            Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Cor - well spotted, Glen - that looks near enough identical to the much dearer movelite!

http://www.riverswayleisure.co.uk/ac...fo_138703.html

Comment

Thank you both, well spotted indeed, will investigate further.

Jan

Comment

I think that you may find that it is an inferior copy of a movelite.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                    I think that you may find that it is an inferior copy of a movelite.

Peter
                    I have seen several of these Peter,and they seem OK to me!
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by jan View Post
                      Just wondered if anyone has seen any new small driveaway awnings at any of the shows or knows of anything similar likely to come out this year?

If not then I may give this one a go as we previously discussed here : http://www.smallmotorhome.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=3645

It's pretty much the size I want and a good price - but it would be nice to have something else to compare with.

Thanks - and hooray, the snow is going at last!

Jan
                      snow, what snow, it never snows here in camelot

Comment

Hi Ian

I live quite close to the Riversway shop, although I havent been for a few months, the ones that they have on display are not of the same quality as either of our movelites. The fabric has a different feel and the advertise hydrostatic head (waterproofness) is not the same.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by peterholden View Post
                          Hi Ian

I live quite close to the Riversway shop, although I havent been for a few months, the ones that they have on display are not of the same quality as either of our movelites. The fabric has a different feel and the advertise hydrostatic head (waterproofness) is not the same.

Peter
                          Morning Peter,
                          Ah,I see,you cant tell hydrostatic head just by looking so thats something I didnt know.they seem very popular with the VW campers,but maybe it doesnt rain where they go.
                          thanks for enlightening me chum.
                          Ian

Comment

Originally posted by newforestlass View Post
                            snow, what snow, it never snows here in camelot
                            My late Mum in law lived in the New Forest,and I often noted that the weather in the coastal strip was milder than elsewhere,it seems the wind shadow of the Isle of White protects the area,I remember one xmas years ago,driving in snow to the NF,the snow stopped as we reached the forest and the locals stated they had not seen a flake of it,and indeed we did not until we had to drive home.
                            I am very fond of the area,but too many tourists nowadays,the place is losing its character.
                            Ian

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X