As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Olympic Camping in Windsor Great Park

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Olympic Camping in Windsor Great Park

I heard on the local radio yesterday that a campsite is being set up in Windsor great park run by the camping and caravanning club for the Olympics.

Details can be found at www.windsor.gov.uk Cost is £40 pn min 3 nights

Although I couldn't find any details yet on the caravan and camping club website when I checked that quickly this morning ! (but I have to say I don't find their website particularly user friendly - I always end up phoning to book or check details)

We don't have olympics tickets but may end up booking, if work permits, as we don't live far away ! and it would be nice to experience the olympic buzz/atmosphere in and around Windsor where there is always plenty to see and do.

C&CC say they are taking bookings already. See the article today's The Telegraph
    Mary

Comment

camping

hi a bit of a rip off thats your weeks penison gon ?

Comment

£40 per night.....??

£40 for just one night....??!!!

Comment

windsor great park

Originally posted by karenw View Post
          £40 per night.....??

If I was paying £40 per night I would expect that I got to use the showers and toilets in Windsor Castle. Otherwise I would 't bother Pa

Comment

Just what you dont need,Her Maj`s blasted corgis peeing all over your awning and Philip careering around in his horse and carriage.
            £40 I want brekker in bed for that.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

MY first thought was "well if the folks who live not far away use it there is not much chance for those who live nowhere near".
              But at £40 per night and with long distance fuel on top it probably does not matter. It would be just a pipe dream for me anyway.
              Jim.
              Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by karenw View Post
                £40 per night.....??

That was my thought....and it's about the same for all the C&CC temporary Olympic sites.

However, this is per pitch, so if it was just for me then it's a no-go. Mind you, I have no interest in the Olympics so that's a given. However, for a sports/tourism-mad family of 4+ it starts to look more reasonable.
                Neil

Comment

I'm not sure what is more sinful, to charge £40 per night or to charge £31,000for a small 2 berth campervan at a show.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X