As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready for the Spring!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for the Spring!

Well March is here, and it won't be long before we're all out and about!

I've just connected the smart charger up to the caravan battery, to give it a boost... upped the steadies and turned the wheels round a bit... started work on the (now dried out and repaired) wet patch that needed fixing, in preparation for doing the final bit of decorating before I go away. I also need to charge up the Mr Mover for when I need it, and after decorating, put all the stuff back in the caravan. As its a fine day here, I've left the door open to get a bit of air in as well.

Easier with a SMH as you tend to use them over the winter as well!

Who else is on spring maintenance duties?

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
    Well March is here, and it won't be long before we're all out and about!

I've just connected the smart charger up to the caravan battery, to give it a boost... upped the steadies and turned the wheels round a bit... started work on the (now dried out and repaired) wet patch that needed fixing, in preparation for doing the final bit of decorating before I go away. I also need to charge up the Mr Mover for when I need it, and after decorating, put all the stuff back in the caravan. As its a fine day here, I've left the door open to get a bit of air in as well.

Easier with a SMH as you tend to use them over the winter as well!

Who else is on spring maintenance duties?
    Did mine at christmas Jayjay,as I used it through JAN.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

The wild ones.

Its the only car we have so we use it every day, so just clean it in and out every week like every body does.:so happy:camp out most weekends but feeling very poorly at the moment.
      Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
      Did mine at christmas Jayjay,as I used it through JAN.
      Roger Green.Roger Green.

Comment

I hope you get better soon, Roger!

Smart charger still working its magic... I can't wait for next month!

Comment

"up the steadies" - "turn the wheels"??
          Be careful jayjay! Many caravan chassis' can be strained by lifting the wheels by using the steadies. It is not usually recommended. A jack SHOULD be used.
          The steadies are only there to balance the unhitched caravan, most of the weight still being supported by the wheels.
          Jim.
          Last edited by Twolitre; 09-03-2012, 17:28.
          Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Comment

twin1

We are ready going out tomorrow for the day. still no water in the tanks waiting a little longer. probably missed out a few things but the tester trip should let us know. this year we made a very slow start,could not get into it,but all ok now.

Best wishes to everyone camping this weekend ,have a great time.the weather looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
              "up the steadies" - "turn the wheels"??
              Be careful jayjay! Many caravan chassis' can be strained by lifting the wheels by using the steadies. It is not usually recommended. A jack SHOULD be used.
              The steadies are only there to balance the unhitched caravan, most of the weight still being supported by the wheels.
              Jim.
              I know, Jim!! However, I can't use a proper jack because of back probs, it's easier just to raise a steady so that the wheel is just off the ground, give it a turn and put the steady back down. Whole job takes less than 5 minutes, from start to finish on each wheel, one at a time. But yes, I know it should not be done that way. New caravanners please take note - don't do it my way! LOL!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X