As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What gets felt tip pen off

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What gets felt tip pen off

Some B*****d has scribbled obscene graffiti on the side of my Romahome last night! Swine! what gets it off?
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
    Some B*****d has scribbled obscene graffiti on the side of my Romahome last night! Swine! what gets it off?
    In Portugal we saw cleaners removing the graffiti from street furniture, they had rags that they squeezed a liquid from a bottle onto-so there must be solvents available, whether they are available to the general public may be another matter, I wonder if meths does it?
    derek b and Babs

Comment

Hi Ian-Babs says try baby wipes they will shift anything apparently, come to think of it you never see babies covered in graffiti do you?
      derek b and Babs

Comment

Ian,
        So sorry to hear this...... it's not happened to me but I imagine it to be unsettling and utterly maddening.... I suggest you PM LizP as she had this happen, can't remember her resolution to it appearing on the forum but I bet she did resolve it!
        Angry on your behalf
        Andyvan

Comment

WD40 dissolves a myriad of things if the surface (not the fibreglass bit!) is OK with greasy applications.
          I would go for Fareclas or 3M polishing compound to be safe on the fibreglass bits as they are gentle.
          If you can't get hold of that, try the stuff for shifting tar from paintwork from your local motoring shop.
          Aircooled VW Camper nut!

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
            Hi Ian-Babs says try baby wipes they will shift anything apparently, come to think of it you never see babies covered in graffiti do you?

Comment

Sorry Ian, that is so soul destroying! Meths does remove felt tip from hard surfaces, not sure about fibre glass, would advise testing a small area first
              Mary

Comment

Hi,

They use a mixture of milk and orange juice to remove graffiti off walls etc so may be worth a try. Little gits should be strung up!

Good luck

Ann & Rosie

Comment

Ian I am sorry I can offer no advice but please let us know if you find the magic cure many of us will be interested

hope you get rid of it

Alf

Comment

Graffitti gone

The local car wash have got rid of it.They used petrol,and a fine abrasive polish,then a normal wash.Cost me £20. They say its not uncommon and most good car wash companies can remove it.

I hope it doesnt happen again,I have reported it to the police but I dont expect much of a result,they sounded totally bored.

Comment

The local car wash have got rid of it.They used petrol,and a fine abrasive polish,then a normal wash.Cost me £20. They say its not uncommon and most good car wash companies can remove it.

I hope it doesnt happen again,I have reported it to the police but I dont expect much of a result,they sounded totally bored.
                      Glad it's gone Ian, just a thought-did you check it wasn't a Banksy! you could have sold it as a work of art with a Romahome attached!!
                      derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
                        Glad it's gone Ian, just a thought-did you check it wasn't a Banksy! you could have sold it as a work of art with a Romahome attached!!
                        I wish! no,unless Banksy goes in for obscene anti female graffitti.
                        I dont understand the destructive mind behind this sort of thing,its all a bit sad really,whoever it was is hardly going to turn into a model citizen.

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Ian. Little bar stewards need a clout around the ear. Glad you got it sorted though.

Comment

Little wretches

Glad you got it sorted, Ian. It shakes your faith in humanity when the little wretches do something like that. It might be worth giving the Romahome a good polish now so that if, just if, they try it again there will be a seal on top of the fibreglass making it easier to remove. Graham and Carole

Comment

Sorry to hear this, Ian and I'm glad you got it sorted. What an absolute pain! The little b*ggrs want their backsides kicking.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X