As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self Inflicted?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Self Inflicted?

Currently on crutches due to torn calf muscle during Table Tennis Match, have had to reschedule Ant's next week and a lovely stay at Cheddar CC site. Got to get back fit for Spring Meet! No comparison to what Nigel has been through though.

Tony Anchorman
    Last edited by anchorman; 24-03-2012, 11:36.

Your body is telling you that you are getting too old for table tennis Tony.

Having said that my brother who is 75 regularly plays matches for his local team.

Hope you are on the mend soon.
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Sounds painful. Speedy recovery.

Interesting how you now need to achieve 12 points to win a game of table tennis (since 2001). In MY day, she says in her best old lady voice, it used to be 21.
      Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Actually it is 11 points Sue, as long as it is 2 clear points. Still had one game to 20-18 this season. Best of 5 games now instead of 3.

Yes, Graham you are not the first to say I'm too old at 63!

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Tony - you've got to be ok for the Spring Meet, we are looking forward to seeing you and Anne!! Sorry to hear about your injury, I bet it hurts, hope you mend soon.
          Von

Comment

Oh dear, Tony, What bad luck. Best wishes for a speedy recovery; you've just over 5 weeks to recover - no prerssure but we all want to see you at the Spring Meet.

Di.

Comment

OWCH!

Get well soon!

Comment

Don't worry guys.... Wild Horses and all that. Dying to try out the long range wi-fi usb thingy at the meet.

http://www.faculty-x.net/NET-WL-usb-cpe2512bgn

Tony Anchorman
                Last edited by anchorman; 25-03-2012, 10:17.

Comment

[QUOTE=anchorman;39024]Actually it is 11 points Sue, as long as it is 2 clear points. Still had one game to 20-18 this season. Best of 5 games now instead of 3.
                  ----------------------
                  Oops, of course you are right.
                  Carpe diem! :)

Comment

If you think you are getting free fish and chips at the spring meet,just because you have a sore toe,try again chum. I might organise a lift to the village hall if you cant hop.
                    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                      I might organise a lift to the village hall if you cant hop.
                      How about a piggy back.
                      Graham
                      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Climbing the walls with boredom.... went for a 3 mile walk today, won't be long before I can eradicate the crutches! Isn't daytime TV boring.

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Originally posted by anchorman View Post
                          Climbing the walls with boredom.... went for a 3 mile walk today, won't be long before I can eradicate the crutches! Isn't daytime TV boring.

Tony Anchorman
                          absolutely agree Tony,its mind rotting rubbish.i hate being incarcerated at home,bored,eating too much,still bored etc etc etc.
                          well done on the walk,I cant do that even without crutches.
                          chin up chum,wont be long,looking forward to meeting up.
                          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X