As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Simple?

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple?

Is there anyone else on here as simple as me (take that how you like!)?
    To me my Romini is mostly a comfortable, convenient and mobile bed/sit. Where I can crash out when the Sun goes out and where I can make a nice cuppa when it switches on again. I do not eat breakfast.
    I usually explore during the day and eat out as I fancy, keeping only snack items and a few tins of items to warm up if the weather gets too inclement.
    I do sometimes carry a small TV, but I cannot remember when I last watched it. I prefer a good book.
    All the posts on here about double skillets and things leave me wondering if I am doing it all wrong!

Do I enjoy my way? YES!

Jim.
    Last edited by Twolitre; 26-03-2012, 21:53.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

I recall someone saying "There's no right way and no wrong way, just what feels right for you!"

OK, his name was Kinsey and I don't think he was talking about caravanning, but the principle's the same!

Geoff
    Geoff

Comment

For me, using the Remoska or Double Skillet is keeping it simple! Maybe its a girl thing
      Mary

Comment

Jim, carry on doing what you enjoy doing, as Artoo says there is no right way or wrong way, we all have our different ideas of enjoying our vans, it would be boring if we were all the same.
        Graham
        Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Jim,
          you know I agree with you, do whatever makes you happy and enjoy the simple things.
          Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Sounds to me as if you have the balance exactly right.

My very much loved and very much missed uncle, God bless him, was a similar man - liked the simple life. He knew the art of perfect contentment, living near Ulverston in an area he had lived in all his life. I don't think he left that general area in the last 20 year of his life. After all, why should he? He was already surrounded by beauty wherever he looked, had love and friendship, food on the table, a roof over his head, clothes on his back.

What else could he need? An example to us all.
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by Twolitre View Post
              Is there anyone else on here as simple as me (take that how you like!)?
              To me my Romini is mostly a comfortable, convenient and mobile bed/sit. Where I can crash out when the Sun goes out and where I can make a nice cuppa when it switches on again. I do not eat breakfast.
              I usually explore during the day and eat out as I fancy, keeping only snack items and a few tins of items to warm up if the weather gets too inclement.
              I do sometimes carry a small TV, but I cannot remember when I last watched it. I prefer a good book.
              All the posts on here about double skillets and things leave me wondering if I am doing it all wrong!

Do I enjoy my way? YES!

Jim.

Jim, what ever makes you happy! Your rominii is your home from home and in my book that means you do whatever it is that gives you pleasure - if it means eating out or just warming through then, if you're happy that's fine.

I don't even have a t.v. I'm happy with my kindle for books and my ipad for music after an enjoyable day exploring. Last time away I didn't even listen to the news, anything could have happened but so long as it didn't impact on my relaxation it didn't matter!

Carry on doing what makes you relaxed and happy.

Di.

Comment

Tend to agree on the cooking front. Not much point just for me. I do carry a few tins and some pasta/rice, but mainly I subsist on sandwiches, snacks, a meal out or take away when camping.

I used to have a microwave in Frisky (my old campervan) and if I couldn't cook it in that then it didn't get cooked. But I've taken that out of the caravan 'cos it got in the way and was so heavy, replaced with a mini oven/grill. Handy for ready made meals, re-heating pies etc. If not on EHU I can always warm up a can of curry and cook some rice on the gas rings.

I have a TV but very few sites where the indoor aerial gets a decent signal. I like reading a book, radio gives me company and news. Also have a portable DVD player and a large selection of DVDs - Taggart, Morse, CSI and some films.

Comment

Well come to think of it when I had my C15 romahome I could only carry a few items due to lack of room, then I changed it for a larger van Herald Squire four birth, there is only me, so I have plenty room on board so I carry everything and I mean everything, and I love it, full food cupboards like my house, even part baked bread, pots and pans, remoska, double skillet, microwave, large cooker with oven grill and burners, three way fridge, TV with DVD, iPad for music, I like my comforts, I can cook on EHU or wild camping, thats what I love, suits me because I have the room. :so happy: each his own, happy camping. here I come.
                  Gadgetman......... (Bryan)
                  'Live without regrets'

Comment

Originally posted by gadgetman View Post
                    Well come to think of it when I had my C15 romahome I could only carry a few items due to lack of room, then I changed it for a larger van Herald Squire four birth, there is only me, so I have plenty room on board so I carry everything and I mean everything, and I love it, full food cupboards like my house, even part baked bread, pots and pans, remoska, double skillet, microwave, large cooker with oven grill and burners, three way fridge, TV with DVD, iPad for music, I like my comforts, I can cook on EHU or wild camping, thats what I love, suits me because I have the room. :so happy: each his own, happy camping. here I come.
                    Great Bryan - we now know where to knock when we run out of something
                    Mary

Comment

Jim your post made me smile! Do not change in any way that is all I want to say.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X