As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

URGENT! Caravan Guard Insurance.

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT! Caravan Guard Insurance.

Does anyone know what has happened to this insurer?

I have just gone to renew on line, done a bit of checking, and find that the domain name is up for sale. Our 'van insurance is up for renewal, and I got an e-mail reminder from them just a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks.
    Happiness is a palace on two wheels.

I am also insured with them. I went straight onto their website which has no mention of problems. I also Googled for any news on them or their insurance company Premium Credit Ltd but could find nothing worrying. Could this just be a glitch in the search?
    Colin

Comment

That was my first thought - a search glitch, but then as I subsequently used several search engines, and web browsers to input their web address, and nothing could be found.

I initially clicked the hyperlink from the e-mail I received from them.

I then did a search for the domain via WhoIs, and found that it was up for sale!

Comment

Seems that Caravan Guard was an arm under 'Leisuredays' umbrella, which still appears to be trading. Certainly the leisuredays website is still available, but links from here to Caravan Guard do not work.

I'll be giving them a call tomorrow morning, and report back.

Comment

They gave me an online quote yesterday, followed up by a phone call. Sadly it was over £200 more than my existing insurers so I won't be changing.

Di.

Comment

The website seems to be ok now. http://www.caravanguard.co.uk/index-mvt.php
            Graham
            Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Yep - just telephoned and renewed our insurance - 66% discount on last year!
              Apparently there was an issue with the business renewing their domain - although I still cannot access the site on the PC's at home - and yes, just that one.

Thanks all and phew!
              Last edited by zaphod; 29-03-2012, 11:57.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X