As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CC at Southport

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CC at Southport

Just back from the CC Site at Southport. Very good weekend, although still very early in the season. The site is 5 minutes walk from the town and 5 minutes from the sea front. I say 'sea front' because the actual sea was only ever visible on the distant horizon!

Friendly site, although not being white we felt a bit nonconformist!
    Mary

That will have set the neighbours talking!!

Comment

hello sue pleased you like Southport its a good one .We were there december 2010 snow ice minus ten with the lake all frozen over all 58 acres.The wardens comments in the book a bit fierce as some one said he spelt something wrong .....and quite a reply ...as an ex Prison officer.THe funny thing was we had a good look round the shops...very good smart arcades ...all sorts and i did my usual look in abig antique shop about six rooms then re met up with shirley in Waterstones and strolled back to the van for a warm up and dinner before a walk on the pier(big big pier)At that time a favourite tv programme of ours was house gift with Laurence LLewellen Bowen(at least i can spell ...bowen)and two other house designers and an antique expert...so we put our little 9 in tv on .........and welcome to house gift..and this week its in the lovely seaside resort ...of Southport....and 5 mins later L L Bowen was in the antique shop i had been in only half an hour ago.....just love .The colour of your van suits it fine and wave the flag for more colour on CC sites as it looks a sort of Nothern Vanderella Claret...thats what it said on the tin!.....Mark and Shirley

Comment

Originally posted by cordyroy View Post
        hello sue pleased you like Southport its a good one .We were there december 2010 snow ice minus ten with the lake all frozen over all 58 acres.The wardens comments in the book a bit fierce as some one said he spelt something wrong .....and quite a reply ...as an ex Prison officer.THe funny thing was we had a good look round the shops...very good smart arcades ...all sorts and i did my usual look in abig antique shop about six rooms then re met up with shirley in Waterstones and strolled back to the van for a warm up and dinner before a walk on the pier(big big pier)At that time a favourite tv programme of ours was house gift with Laurence LLewellen Bowen(at least i can spell ...bowen)and two other house designers and an antique expert...so we put our little 9 in tv on .........and welcome to house gift..and this week its in the lovely seaside resort ...of Southport....and 5 mins later L L Bowen was in the antique shop i had been in only half an hour ago.....just love .The colour of your van suits it fine and wave the flag for more colour on CC sites as it looks a sort of Nothern Vanderella Claret...thats what it said on the tin!.....Mark and Shirley
        We missed Waterstones but did find TKMaxx, and thought of you Mark and Shirley! Bought a couple of things including the cutest little flower shaped washing up kit that fits with suckers on the the camper window - well just HAD to have that
        Mary

Comment

brilliant Mary like that we asked a couple of locals for directions to TKmax in Southport and enjoyed our visit.There was two 3 floor second hand book shops as well one near an arcade one opposite up a side street and in that one i bought the true story of the charge of the light brigade £1 75p i blame the horses.The cc site froze so bad a chap from Blackburn had to get get big blowers in to thaw all his pipes in a caravan opposite .Only the field next to the office was open the further field was closed .We had never been through the mersey tunnel before isnt it steep down and up , we plan to go back to Southport again it was just our Frank had to go to PRESTON SO WE GAVE HIM A LIFT AND MADE A 3day holiday out of it(capitals by accident !!!!!)We thought the town very grand and smart well cared for and the massive lake in summer looks wonderful in some old postcards i have collected so i would highly recommend it for a holiday and we could bus pass it to Blackpool for a day as campervan parking is not good in stanley Matthews old town ......Mark and shirley

Comment

i would highly recommend it for a holiday and we could bus pass it to Blackpool for a day as campervan parking is not good in stanley Matthews old town ......Mark and shirley
            Now you know Stanley belongs to us here in Stoke on Trent, we only lent him to Blackpool!

We went in the bookshop with several floors, but were loaded down by that time. Quite a few nice charity shop finds

The CC site closed this winter, it has only been open a week. Must be getting nesh.
            Last edited by Vanderella; 02-04-2012, 14:03.
            Mary

Comment

hi sue what is nesh....ive lost that one...Shirley had an aunty in Burton on trent who would mash a cup of tea ?we always say lets make a nice cup of tea...why we say nice every time i dont know.That book shop i bought an old i should whisper this ...Billy Bunter book i collected as a kid and re collected when our boys were small and often buy one to read and laugh to now ....what a quote dont walk away when a fellow is talking to you . always like that ...oh no off topic again ...nesh ummm....Mark........ps the book had a rip in the cover so was cheap and Southport charity shops were very good far end its a hobby of oursthe ones in Bath are really top.

Comment

forgot to say i saw stan play in Bristol in Bristol1958 cup match .His dad was a barber in Stoke and a good boxer too i seem to remember.Stan was quite ....amazing

Comment

hi sue what is nesh....
                  I had to look it up years ago when I was called it for not doing the outdoor winter antique markets, to quote our Wiki friend

Nesh is an English dialect adjective meaning unusually susceptible to cold weather and there is no synonym for this use. Usage has been recorded in Cheshire, Staffordshire, the East Midlands, Lancashire, South Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Shropshire. The word comes from Old English hnesce meaning feeble, weak, or infirm
                  Mary

Comment

After Stanley Matthews died (was it 2000?) our local auction house in Hanley (Stoke on Trent) had all manner of his personal possessions for sale. Quite sad really, but a great opportunity to grab something really personal to remember him by
                    Mary

Comment

Mary i am very sorry i wiil not call you sue again i dont know how i did that unless im at a funny age my dad used to do it once calling our eldest son ....Angela ...dad ...he is a boy ...oh sorry joseph perish the thought im a bit like that.That word thanks i will try it on our boys tomorrow good fun that.Nesh yes like it .Blackpool were coming to Bristol once to play city and mistook it for rovers(blue and white quaters)realised their mistake .....stopped Cardiff city coach on route..police help...swopped their orange shirts for Cardiff blue to play bristol city in red....brilliant for quiz questions...did Stan ever wear a Cardiff city shirt .....yes he did...i have several cigarette cards of him and bubble gum cards at school as a swop stan was worth....at least 8..................Stoke s finest son............Mark

Comment

No problem! 'Sue' sounded good and I think John enjoyed having another woman around
                        Mary

Comment

we had a friend who kept calling Shirley....Sheila and he was nt an aussie his wife got so stroppy with him but Shirley would just smile....Mark or should i say mick or martin ....loads call me Marcus ...no it isnt i say but they still do it

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X