As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camping in the snow

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping in the snow

Someone put this picture on Camping and Caravan Club Facebook page, they had been sunbathing last week and woke this morning to this at Ashbourne, Derbyshire.

Click on thumbnail for full size picture.
    Attached Files
    Graham
    Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Blimey - they must be Northerners not to have felt the overnight change in temp, - 'cause you're all hardier "oop North" - that is, North of Bristol to us!!!

Mike :so happy:

Comment

no way we are southern softies i was out in minus 12 earlier in year no heating gas froze overnight not on a site

Comment

twin1

Dont think I would like that,was a tough Northerner now a Southern softie. Like a bit of sun on my back, maybe its an age thing though!

Comment

Brrrr! That just reminds me of how fickle the weather can be at this time of the year - and why I don't go camping until May!!

Comment

Brrr. hope it wasn't a nylon tent! Not so bad in a canvas one. But ....
            Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Some stunning photos of the weather here!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...tic-April.html

Comment

Ok I admit to being geographically challenged, a bit of a handicap in life! But aren't the Midlands that between us and Norfolk?

'Further heavy snow is expected in the Midlands and Yorkshire today'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1rAAZG7em

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post
                  no way we are southern softies i was out in minus 12 earlier in year no heating gas froze overnight not on a site
                  I remember it well as I was there too with frozen water tank which didn't thaw all day but at least we had the camp fire....

Karen W
                  One of the Southern Frosties

Comment

Wants to hurry up and clear before the Meet in 3 weeks!

Tony Anchorman

Comment

Now might be a good time to buy suntan cream etc,when they cant shift the stock,should be able to get a knock down price
                      Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian STOCKLEY View Post
                        Now might be a good time to buy suntan cream etc,when they cant shift the stock,should be able to get a knock down price
                        Ever the optimist!

Comment

Originally posted by twin1 View Post
                          Dont think I would like that,was a tough Northerner now a Southern softie. Like a bit of sun on my back, maybe its an age thing though!
                          Same here!! If I never feel cold again it would suit me fine,the only snow I like is on Christmas cards.Heading north next week to where I was raised hope the sun shines and the winds not N.E off the sea.
                          Joe
                          If you feel life is uncertain always eat your pudding first!

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
                            Ok I admit to being geographically challenged, a bit of a handicap in life! But aren't the Midlands that between us and Norfolk?

'Further heavy snow is expected in the Midlands and Yorkshire today'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1rAAZG7em
                            The Midlands is more Birmingham way, Sue. Further up we have the North West (where Cheshire and Manchester is) and the North East (Sheffield to Grimsby and above inc. Yorkshire I think!). Manchester to Norfolk sort of bypasses the Midlands - but you are going over the Pennines at some point!

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay View Post
                              The Midlands is more Birmingham way, Sue. Further up we have the North West (where Cheshire and Manchester is) and the North East (Sheffield to Grimsby and above inc. Yorkshire I think!). Manchester to Norfolk sort of bypasses the Midlands - but you are going over the Pennines at some point!
                              Thanks, Jayjay. Have checked the route on the map & with my friend the satnav. think we may see the remnants of a few snowmen on the way but don't anticipate major problems (!!)

Skills to acquire: a basic knowledge of the geography and geology of the UK!!!!

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X