As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Campsite with EHU near to Snowdon please...

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Campsite with EHU near to Snowdon please...

Hi, I am hoping to climb Snowdon before I leave on the 10th May for my Turkish home...

Site required for a motorhome not mind... but requires Hook-up and if poss clean showers not that isnt necessary as the van Auto-sleeper Posn.,,,, has all.

Many thanks in advance for your help..

of 3 sites only...

Originally posted by lunnie View Post
    Hi, I am hoping to climb Snowdon before I leave on the 10th May for my Turkish home...

Site required for a motorhome not mind... but requires Hook-up and if poss clean showers not that isnt necessary as the van Auto-sleeper Posn.,,,, has all.

Many thanks in advance for your help..

of 3 sites only...
    Beddgelert,you can take the train to the Rangers halt and Climb Snowdon from there up the Rangers track.
    Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Hi Ian, thanks for that, should have said I know of the Forestry commission site, but no internet connection and phone signal there.... looking for others... may have my car and Bobs. motorhome as he lives up north in Leigh and me Wolverhampton so drive independently

Joan

Comment

Hi Ian, thanks for that, should have said I know of the Forestry commission site, but no internet connection and phone signal there.... looking for others... may have my car and Bobs. motorhome as he lives up north in Leigh and me Wolverhampton so drive independently

Joan
        try this one Joan its very close
        Tyddyn syr Huw
        Telephone: 01286 650679
        its a C&CC 5 van site

this one is CC
        Bron Hendre
        Telephone: (01766) 530313
        Website

another C&CC
        Tyddyn Madyn
        Telephone: 01766 530605
        Website
        Last edited by Ian.C.S; 13-04-2012, 19:44.

Comment

Hi Lunnie,
          Do you know which route you are planning on taking up? And how far/near do you want to be from that route? I've been up a few times, but each time from Pen y Pass, so sites at Capel Curig and Betws y Coed might be ok for you if you were going that way. Beddgelert tends to be a bit tricky for phones as it's surrounded by mountains, but Betws less so.
          Aileen

Comment

Hi many thanks for your help..

We are going up from Llanberis...

Joan x

Comment

Hi many thanks for your help..

We are going up from Llanberis...

Joan x
              You need to book the rack railway in advance or you wont get on,the cafe at the top is PACKED. its a long easy walk from Llanberis,no shelter if it rains.
              I have done it - have fun,the views are good.

Cil-y-Bont C.C site

Telephone: (01286) 675190
              Last edited by Ian.C.S; 15-04-2012, 20:05.

Comment

The route from Rhyd Ddu - snowdon ranger track is much nicer - not so many people

Comment

Hi I am being taken up by an experienced walker....as this is my biggy so he is making sure that I am safe. Will not be using the railway, hope to walk both up and down... might take me 10hrs but I shall do it..

Not sure which route we are descending by... depends on the the day and my ability...

But it is something that I most certainly will enjoy...

And since I walked up Helvellyn and came DOWN striding edge, which once over the top to start the descent, the path has eroded away,, so bums it was and it didnt faze me... I was most certainly well chuffed with myself..

Again thank you for all your imputs...

Joan x

Comment

I stayed at Snowdon View at Brynrefail (not far from Llanberis) years ago. Reviewson uk campsite look ok, so that could be an option for you. I hope you have good weather, I've been really lucky when I've been up and had clear skies, really felt on top of the world.
                    Aileen.

Comment

oh this makes me feel so nostalgic - my father had a tiny caravan parked at Brynrefail in the 60s. It wasn't a proper camp site then. I went back years later and was dismayed at how much it had grown.

On the other side of Snowdon, I worked at Snowdon ranger YH for a while and used to nip up and down the moutain in my "lunch hour" (People who work in youth hostels may get time off between 10 and 5!!)

This area feels like home to me (my ancestors came from there too)

Last time I went there (probably 12 yrs ago) I felt the mountain paths were like motorways!!

When I was in my 20s I used to say I would use the railway up Snowdon when I retired - I am well retired but now I am 5-600 miles to the north - and could still walk up so still wouldn't use it yet

Oh am feeling very homesick!!

Enjoy your trip

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X