As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Macgas

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Macgas

My husband and I were camping at the weekend and knew we had to get a new bottle of gas... what we didn't realise was that our motor home had Macgas bottles and not Calor bottles.

We were told that we would have to find somewhere that sells Macgas... my husband has been looking on the internet and found out that Macgas is a Scottish company (a long way from home!)... our other option would be to buy Calor bottles but at a cost!!

Does anyone have any ideas??

Thanks Jane
    Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see :)

You may be able to pick up calor cylinders on ebay, preloved, free ads and even sometimes at the local council recycling centre. There are other companies too but calor is widely available nation wide. Campingaz is also widely available and from what I understand, is most common if you decide to head over to France.

There is also the option of refillable cylinders, such as gaslow.
    Last edited by glenw; 07-05-2012, 22:26.
    Why not have a look at my latest wildlife photos, habitat projects and general natural world related shenanigans? https://facebook.com/Watsonswildlife

Comment

Originally posted by glenw View Post
      You may be able to pick up calor cylinders on ebay, preloved, free ads and even sometimes at the local council recycling centre. There are other companies too but calor is widely available nation wide. Campingaz is also widely available and from what I understand, is most common if you decide to head over to France.

There is also the option of refillable cylinders, such as gaslow.
      Thank you for the info

I will have a look on all of the above
      Kindness is the language which the deaf can hear and the blind can see :)

Comment

It seems that Macgas are the same as Handygas and have both been taken over by BP. If you contact BP customer services they should be able to direct you to where you can obtain re-fills. It's always possible that they may let you exchange for BP Lite.

Comment

Don't forget if you change over to propane or butane you may need a different regulator as well.

Comment

May also need a different regulator if you change brands.

Comment

you can often buy calor gas bottles also locally in the ads. Would never pay the deposit asked by calor and absolute cheek.

Comment

alway try a wanted on freecycle you never know

Comment

Gas bottles

I happen to have two spare propane bottles as well as the two in the motorhome.
                  They are the small Calor bottles, and as I have no further use for them, you can have them free of charge, the only snag is they are obviously too heavy to send by carrier, but if you happen to be in this area (Cardiff) on holiday, they are yours.

Comment

Originally posted by AGING HIPPY View Post
                    alway try a wanted on freecycle you never know
                    I asked if anyone had a spare on freecycle and was given one for free!

Comment

i used to work for a calor agent. i always told customers to go to the local recycling plant and get an empty to avoid the charges. believe it or not calor are the only ones who actually charge you for a bottle + surcharge

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X