As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Success and failure!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Success and failure!

I suppose that while Manchester City were enjoying ultimate League success yesterday I was having a private disaster.
    I am posting this as I think friends on the Forum will wonder why I am still around when I should be somewhere in the middle of the Bay of Biscay.
    About four miles from home my clutch cable snapped!
    Being Sunday no spare was obtainable.
    I have a second motorbike un-prepared for the trip, but quickly swapped my gear over and left on that - still plenty of time in hand.
    That bike seized up on the M1 and had to AA'd home. No time left!
    My two friends are hopefully enjoying their trip while I type this. Of course I am overjoyed!
    Que Sera! That may not be spelt correctly. But it is the most appropriate attitude.
    Jim.
    Keeping people waiting is stealing a part of their lives.

Aw, poor you. What a disappointment. I hope you can get things fixed up and meet up with them somehow, shortly.

I guess the important thing is that you are safe, despite these mishaps.
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Awww, Jim, I did wonder why you were still around but thought I must have got the dates muddled up.

I am so sorry to hear you didn't make the trip, you must be really disappointed because I know you were really looking forward to it but looking on the brighter side it could have been worse and you could have hit trouble in Spain in the middle of nowhere.

Hopefully you will be able to make another trip soon.
      Graham
      Did you know you can follow us on Facebook, YouTube and Twitter or you can visit us at our Website

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post
        Aw, poor you. What a disappointment. I hope you can get things fixed up and meet up with them somehow, shortly.

I guess the important thing is that you are safe, despite these mishaps.
        Thanks Sue, but I am afraid that even if I re-booked on the next ferry my friends would be hundreds of miles ahead of me by the time I disembarked in Spain. And I don't think "playing catch up" on my own on unfamiliar roads in a strange country would be an attractive experience.

Graham you posted while I was typing this reply to Sue.
        Thanks for your sympathy, but if I HAD made Spain I would have at least have been able to lounge around in the place where I had trouble for a few days and either get the bike repaired or re-patriated on my break down insurance thereby salvaging something!
        Jim.
        Last edited by Twolitre; 14-05-2012, 09:12.

Comment

Sorry about your news Jim, I know you were so looking forward to the trip.

I never used to be superstitious, but find myself going that way more and more as I get older .................. it certainly looks as if powerful forces were at play trying to keep you in the UK!

Next year maybe ..........?
          Mary

Comment

really sorry to hear that Jim,what a bummer.
            Thank god it was just the bikes damaged and not you,look after yourself old friend,hope to see you soon.
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanderella View Post
              Sorry about your news Jim, I know you were so looking forward to the trip.

I never used to be superstitious, but find myself going that way more and more as I get older .................. it certainly looks as if powerful forces were at play trying to keep you in the UK!

Next year maybe ..........?
              Comforting to hear of everyones sympathy including yours and Ian's (who posted after you Mary).
              But ever the pessimist. At my age, "next year" is never a certainty and I did honestly think this trip might be my motorcycling "swan song". Certainly the most ambitious trip I have ever planned.
              Not that I am planning an early demise! Though if I did THAT TOO might go wrong. It is the physical side of covering well over 1000 miles in 8 days riding which might limit future prospects.
              Another member of the group had already had to cancel because an emergency operation left him unfit (in the short term I hope). He is several years younger than me and I WAS the oldest of the group.
              Jim.

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X