As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The final solution!

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The final solution!

When we can no longer afford to fill our fuel tanks and we have to put the van in mothballs, maybe we can still keep on the road, even if its on foot, with this invention. http://inhabitat.com/camper-kart-is-...shopping-cart/

Astonishing! People's creativity never ceases to amaze me.

When we can no longer afford the fuel and road tax:

At the very least, we will have a handy spare bedroom for guests / for us to flee to if the family become too much. The van could become the mad granny annex. It could be parked on my daughter's drive...now there's a thought!
    Carpe diem! :)

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post

At the very least, we will have a handy spare bedroom for guests / for us to flee to if the family become too much. The van could become the mad granny annex. It could be parked on my daughter's drive...now there's a thought!
      Wind, rain, late night drunks, unstable weightloads ...............going to sleep on your daughter's driveway and waking up in the middle of the Manchester Ship Canal..........I think I will give this one a miss for a while, would feel more secure sleeping under a hedge with a tarp!
      Mary

Comment

Originally posted by nutshell View Post
        When we can no longer afford to fill our fuel tanks and we have to put the van in mothballs, maybe we can still keep on the road, even if its on foot, with this invention. http://inhabitat.com/camper-kart-is-...shopping-cart/

If you've got a saw and an axe you can go almost anywhere with one of these.

http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/...-gas-cars.html

Not to sure about the London low emission zone though.

Peter

Comment

My diesel expenses to Scotland were not high. I took 205 litres of used cooking oil filtered and cleaned and thinned cost? zero. I till paid out £1400 in total.

Comment

Originally posted by riosromahome View Post
            I took 205 litres of used cooking oil filtered and cleaned and thinned cost? zero.
            That would be exceed the payload of most SMHs!
            Mary

Comment

Originally posted by Mayfair Pete View Post
              If you've got a saw and an axe you can go almost anywhere with one of these.

http://www.lowtechmagazine.com/2010/...-gas-cars.html

Not to sure about the London low emission zone though.

Peter
              Wonderful! and the conversion is so discreet it's hardly noticeable!!
              derek b and Babs

Comment

Originally posted by derek b View Post
                Wonderful! and the conversion is so discreet it's hardly noticeable!!
                I thought it looked rather like the Whiskey still my Dad made.

Peter

Comment

Originally posted by NomadSue2012 View Post

Mine already is the granny annex each time I visit my daughter - and I park on their drive: the only problem is grandson (just turned five) wants to sleep in the van with me - which means a) I have to "go to bed" very early
                  b) I have to get porta potti out (I very rarely use it - he inists on using it frequently
                  c) he is rapidly learning to become the typical male - only a wee boy but already sleeps diagonally across the bed and takes up more space than me

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X