As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C&CC CL Annan near Dumfries

Collapse
This topic is closed, however please feel free to start a new topic on the subject.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C&CC CL Annan near Dumfries

We are making our way home from Scotland, last stop is at a small C & CC CL at Annan near Dumfries. Anyone else stayed here? Its an odd little site, I think it is an old WWII base as the area is littered with odd buildings and underground bunkers. We were promised fishing lakes and a footpath to the beach. But on arrival were warned that we could not walk near the lakes as there was a very important fishing contest taking place, also not to walk to the beach as it was dangerous because of the paint balling taking place in the woods!!!

Not to worry, we have lovely neighbours, see photo below! We did get down to the beach at dusk, but it was not particularly desirable, being littered with rather odd objects, including animal bones! We did spot some very good looking blackberry bushes so all is not lost, as soon as the rain stops we will venture out again........
    Mary

Is this West Moss-Side Farm CS ? I am interested as it is on the list of possible places to stay for our forthcoming trip. There is also a CL (Caravan Club) site called Moss-Side Farm in almost the same place. I have checked and there does appear to be 2 sites still. All very confusing

Edited to add:
    I think that I have just found the site that you used in a review on another forum - was it Broom Fisheries? Is this new as it isn't in my Big Site Book?

Thanks Wendy
    Last edited by wendy; 16-09-2012, 20:39.

Comment

Originally posted by wendy View Post
      Is this West Moss-Side Farm CS ? I am interested as it is on the list of possible places to stay for our forthcoming trip. There is also a CL (Caravan Club) site called Moss-Side Farm in almost the same place. I have checked and there does appear to be 2 sites still. All very confusing

Edited to add:
      I think that I have just found the site that you used in a review on another forum - was it Broom Fisheries? Is this new as it isn't in my Big Site Book?

Thanks Wendy
      Hi Wendy, It is Broom Fisheries, on the C&CC Site it is called The Lodge, Broom Estate, Newbie nr Annan - a bit confusing!

We are still there - leave tomorrow. Its £12 a night including electric, its basic but we would come back. The people who run it are very friendly and hardworking. One loo/shower which is kept clean. Not a beautiful site, but interesting nevertheless.

Hope this helps!
      Mary

Comment

Thanks, Mary, that is very helpful. We do not intend to book anything until 1 or 2 days before we want to go so it all depends on the weather where we will get to! At least we now have 3 sites in the same area, so should be able to get on one of them.

Comment

Hope you have a good trip, some of the sites close in October, so you should check that.

By the time I left I felt quite guilty having been negative about the Annan site. The people who run it are very nice and that counts for a lot! The site is OK and value for money, I don't think an ex-military base can every be made to look pretty, but they have done their very best!

The lakes are lovely, and even the fishermen turned out to be friendly once the £2000 prize competition had finished! Lots to see and do in the area, and it is an easy drive back down south from there.
          Mary

Comment

good to hear you are having a good time Mary
            Young men sow wild oats.Old men grow sage.

Comment

We are back home now. Good trip, its the longest we have been away from home for about 5 years. Now to tackle the dirty washing ...........
              Mary

Comment

320x50 mobile only under posts reg users

Collapse

728x90 google ad under posts desktop only reg users

Collapse
              Working...
              X